Chapter 24: Trapped With A Monster.

"We're safe, but not for long..." Is the first thing Clem says once she joins the others in the cave. "Damn it. It's so dark in here." "We can't move forward without a way to see." James says once he enters the cave. "I'll figure something out."

Clem walks around the cave in the dark, the sounds of running water and walker growls filling the air. "A little help would be nice, guys. I still have one eye-" Clem stubs her foot into the cave wall. "Fuck!" She grabs her foot and falls down. She looks at where she hit her foot against, and finds a piece of rock there. "Better be useful..." She grabs it and strikes her knife against it, creating sparks. "Perfect! Flint. Thank fuck. I just need something to burn now."

Clem gets up to see some walkers are starting to crawl through the small entrance. "If they start to get through, I'm going to have to kill them. I don't want to do that." James says. Clem doesn't answer and goes back to looking, until Tenn starts talking. "Clem, did you...did you see Minnie out there?" He asks her. "I saw her on the beach. She was bitten, Tenn." "So, she'll go to the next place. With Sophie. They can be together. That's good." Clem walks away and past AJ. "It's so dark in here." He states. "I'm working on it." "It doesn't feel safe, there's too much danger outside. I wish I had a gun." "We'll be out of here soon."

Clem walks over to a walker body. "Hm." She then rips a piece of its shirt off. "Can't burn this without something to hold it up." She walks to the other side of the cave, and comes across a pile of wood and sticks next to the stream in the middle of the cave. She grabs a stick, wraps the shirt piece around it, and strikes the Clint with her knife on causing, lighting it up. "All right. Okay. Good." She grabs the torch and looks across the stream. "Look, there's another tunnel over there." "It's too far." AJ states. "Well, we just gotta...we gotta find something to help us cross."

The walker growls get louder. "The walkers are getting closer." "Don't worry." Clem plants the torch back in the ground. "We'll be home before you know it." Clem glances at the tunnel. "Not sure where it goes, but it's our only option." She looks around for anything to help cross the river. There were rocks scattered across, but were to far apart to jump through, so Clem ruled out that idea. She looks over at part of a tree stuck between some rocks, and the waterfall creating the stream. "If I yank that out of there, it would drift down the river and get caught in the rocks. Could work as a bridge."

Clem gets between the tree and the rocks, and pushes the tree into the river, getting it stuck against the rocks, forming a bridge of sorts. "Okay. We just need to go across one by one, and then we'll move the rocks out of the way, and then I'll take—" Clem is cut off explaining when a walker gets through the small entrance and grabs Tenn, but James quickly punches it. Clem grabs the torch again, smacks a walker and burns it while James gets across the tree quickly, followed by Tenn. AJ goes next. "Clementine!" He yells, and Clem runs back and onto the tree. She gets about halfway when a walker falls onto the tree and into the water, causing her to lose her balance for a second. She stands back up and makes it to the other end of the tree.

Clem jumps just as the tree gets unstuck from the rocks, sailing down the river. They all watch the log before they head down the tunnel, James lagging behind. He looks back at the walkers on the other side before catching up to the others.

They all stop when the tunnel leads to a giant section of the cave. Clem plants the torch down and looks at each of the multiple paths to take. James, on the other hand, takes his mask off and drops it. "All right, which way do we go? Tenn, do you see a light down any of these tunnels?" Clem asks before noticing James was now right behind her.

"You brought this on yourself." He grabs Clem and throws her to the ground. "Clem!" "But it's not too late..." He grabs AJ's arm. "Let go!" "For him at least." Clem gets up and runs at James, only to be elbowed in the eye back to the ground. "Follow us and I sprain your ankle. Follow us after that, I break your leg." "I won't let you take him!" "And I won't let you make him a monster!" Clem stands back up. "Not any further." "You're fucking crazy!" "I've warned you once. I won't do it again." "Oh. I'll take my chances." AJ then bites James's hand to get free, grabbing a stone. "I'll kill you before I leave her." James tries to grab AJ, but his hand is sliced by AJ with the stone.