Chapter 15: Aftermath.

Morning came during cleanup of the mess. Abel was moved to the basement, Willy had put a bag over Mitch's head and was crying in front of the body. Ruby was finishing up with stitching Sarah's wounds, and Clem was walking back inside after carrying a walker outside the gates. "Mitch..." she hears Willy cry, and she walks up behind him. "At the start, I was so little, and...and Mitch looked after me. People said he was a dick sometimes, but he was always nice to me. And now.. Now he's gone. Stabbed in the eye by some asshole who never even knew his name." Clem puts a hand on his shoulder. "Mitch was looking after all of us. He gave his life so we could go on fighting." "I know that. Doesn't make it any easier." "He'd want us to find our friends and bring them home safe." "And he'd want us to kill the people who took them." Clem sighs, knowing Willy wasn't budging with words.

Violet walks up to Clem from behind. "Hey. AJ's waiting for you in the basement. We got Abel ties up tight. He's alive, but he's out cold." "Thanks." Sarah, Ruby, and Tenn walk over. Violet kneels next to Willy. "We should bury Mitch, it's time." Willy nods as Tenn steps closer. "I'll help you carry-" "Get away from him!" Willy shoves Tenn to the ground. "You're the reason he's dead!" "Willy!" "Well, it's true! We had a plan and that idiot messed it up!" Clem pulls Willy back. "Hey! Cut that shit out!" "Someone's gotta say it! It's what everyone's thinking!" Tenn then runs away. "Tenn!" "I'll take care of this. Take Sarah and talk to Abel, find out where Lilly took Louis, Omar, and Aasim. And Clem... don't be afraid to, you know, hurt him a little. Maybe you'll get more out of him then we did." Violet tells Clem. "Don't worry, I'll do more than hurt him a little." Clem giggles before covering her mouth. Violet then grabs Clem's hand and smiles, getting Clem to smile back. "Enough distractions." Sarah says before she grabs Clem's arm and drags her away the kids and towards the basement.

They both throw the basement doors open and walk down the stairs. "Do I even need to address the laughing?" Sarah asks, which gets Clem to sigh. "No. And before you ask, I'm fine. I snapped while fighting Abel last night, but the fall snapped me back to normal." "Good. Last thing we need is you killing us yourself." Clem rolls her eye and walks over to a table to grab some tape. "Just Incase his voice gets annoying." "This should be easy, he's not like the New Frontier." Sarah walks over and kneels down in front of Rosie, who's laying next to the blood stain from Brody. She pets Rosie, who licks her hand in return. "Good girl."

Clem just walks past the two and over to AJ, who's spinning his revolver chamber in front of an out cold Abel. "Got your gun back, huh?" Clem asks him. "Uh-Huh." AJ stops spinning the chamber and puts it away. "Still want dibs?" Clem asks as Sarah joins them. "It's different like this. With him all broken. But I still hate him." Clem laughs a bit again, but quickly stops and takes a deep breath. "Ready?" AJ nods before Sarah walks up to Abel and smacks him across the face.

"Ah! Son of a bitch..." Abel looks at them and grins. "Well, that ain't no way to wake an old man from his nap. I was having a nice dream, too, about a girl I used to know, from before. She also had me tied up, but I weren't her prisoner, if you get my meaning." Abel laughs before coughing a bit. "Got any water?" AJ grabs a canteen. "Drink." He holds it up so Abel can drink out of it. "You've had your water. Now it's time to talk." "This is your first time interrogating someone, isn't it? You let me dictate the agenda. Makes me think you're we-"

Clem then grabs his head and slams it off the desk he's tied up in. "AHH!! The fuck?!" "For your knowledge, no. This isn't my first time interrogating someone. We've done it to about a dozen more people, and none of them lived through it. So, we wanna know where Lilly took my people." Abel coughs a bit before speaking. "Doesn't matter. Soon as she gets there, she's gonna turn around and come right back for me." He chuckles. "You better start giving me the five star treatment. If I'm smiling when she gets here, you might be able to trade me for a little mercy. We underestimated you little shits, but Lilly won't make the same mista-"