Chapter 14: The Battle.

Clem climbs up onto the lookout tower, where AJ is looking around with binoculars. "The raiders." AJ starts. "That guy. He's gonna be with them." "Abel. Yeah. You're bad dreams. They're all about him, aren't they?" AJ lowers the binoculars and looks to Clem. "Yeah." AJ raises the binoculars, but lowers them just as quickly. "Can I swear yet? I think it's time I can. If you do." "Fuck it." "Really?!" "Go for it, kiddo. Everyone else swears, you might as well, too." AJ smiles and looks through the binoculars again. "I fucking really hate that fucking dickhead shitfuck." "Whoa! That's a little much, don't you think?" AJ laughs.

"Try thinking about something else. Count the monsters you see." "Same number as before. Three...four..." "AJ, it's okay if Abel frightens you. You know how to control that." "There's ten monsters out there." He looks at Clem. "He doesn't frighten me. But when he comes here, I call dibs. I'm the one that kills him. Okay?" "Okay." "Really?" "Yes, I can't promise you how things are gonna go, but if it's possible, you get first shot at him." "Wow." "What, you thought I'd say no?" "Yeah. I'm grown up now." "No, you aren't." "But I'm close." He looks through the binoculars again.

"Clem, I see something." "Not a walker?" "Here, you look, too." AJ hands Clem the binoculars. Clem looks through them, and spots Abel sneaking around through the bushes and past some walkers. "That's not a walker. Good job, AJ. Come on, we have to tell the others." Clem climbs down the lookout tower and heads towards the others, AJ following her. "They finally show up?" Violet asks as she walks up next to Clem. "Yeah." Violet takes a deep breath. "Stay safe, okay?" Clem nods.

"Oh, shit." Louis says to Sarah. "I think she saw them." "Then come on. It's now or never." Sarah starts walking over. "I know, this is just really nerve wracking." Louis follows her. "You think this is bad, you should've met my dad."

Everyone gathers in front of Clem. "We're ready." Violet states. "They've got at least four more people, all carrying guns. And carts, probably to carry people away." "Oh no." "Assholes." "I cant believe they're really here." "If they get inside. I'll keep them focused on me. That should give Willy and Mitch time to set up the bomb." Clem explains. "I'll set it under those carts. It'll work. I promise." "If they manage to get inside, we fall back." "To the admin building." "Exactly. Right into our traps." "They're in for a rude fuckin' surprise. Those duffle bags will break bones, easily." Aasim states. "So, uh, any final words of wisdom?" Louis asks. "Look-"

Suddenly, Omar is shot in the leg, and he falls down. "Goddamn!" "Jesus fucking Christ!" "Oh no, Oh no!" "Oh, fuck!" Sarah looks and spots a sniper in the trees. "Hide! Now!" "Omar!" "I've got him. AJ, hide!" Clem says as the kids scatter and hide behind cover. "Come on, push!" "Clementine?! I know you're in there!" Abel and Lilly yell from outside as Clem drags Omar behind a table for cover. "Oh, God, shit, no!"

Molotovs are thrown over the gate and they land on the blockade against the door. "Open up, kids. This doesn't have to get any uglier." Abel yells. "My bow!" Clem states. "Go, go. I'll be all right. You don't have much time. Go!" Omar says. Clem runs over and jumps over a table, grabbing her bow while barely dodging a sniper shot. She then flips the table on its side and pushes it up against the rest of the barrier.

The front gate barges open, Lilly and Abel leading the raiders inside. "It's okay." Clem whispers to Omar. "Just try not to move or make any noise." Omar nods. "The fuck is all this?" One raider says, noticing the walker heads on pikes. "Focus. They're just scarecrows." Another raider says, following a cart lead inside by a horse. "Guess they took us seriously." Abel states. "Spread out." Lilly tells them. The raiders start searching around as Mitch and Willy sneak their way towards the back of the carts.

Clem stands up. "Lilly!" She aims her bow right at Lilly. The raiders aim at her. "Move, and I'll shoot." "You won't get the chance." Abel says. Lilly signals the sniper not to shoot, then she takes a step towards Clem. "Where's our new recruits?" "They're not yours!" Lilly looks back at Abel. "Search the yard." She faces Clem again. "If Clementine moves, shoot her." Clem glances at Mitch and Willy. "We'll find them, Clementine. And then we'll take them. And you, and your little boy." "I don't think you wanna killed me. Just like you didn't want to in the woods." "Shut up." "You can't fucking do it, can you?"