Chapter 21: Inside.

Once the entrance closes, the four of them take cover next to a few hay bales. They hear raiders stomping around on the upper floor in a panic. "We're getting close." AJ whispers. "After we find the boiler and the place the bomb, we'll get our friends out. Minnie said they didn't hurt anyone. We'll have to hope she told the truth. Look out for guards, and stay quiet, okay?" Clem asks. "We're right behind you." Violet says. "Good. I'll scout ahead and signal when it's clear. Got it?" The others nod.

Clem starts sneaking forward while the others take cover behind hay bales. She doesn't get far as the footsteps of an incoming raider force her to take cover herself. The raider runs past the hallway they're in and down another. Clem comes out once the footsteps fade and check where the raider went, finding a door. She walks over and grabs the handle, giving the others a nod before opening it.

They enter another corridor and take cover behind some crates while AJ shuts the door. Seeing it was empty, Clem sneaks out of cover and makes her way down it. Just then, a raider appeared in the other end. Quickly, Clem dives behind some other crates, but not quick enough. "Hey, who's there?" The raider calls as he slowly makes his way down the hall, gun ay the ready.

Clem grabs her knife as the raider approaches. Once he's close enough, she runs out of cover and slams him into the wall, making him drop his gun. Before the raider can react, Clem shoves her knife into his neck. She pulls it out, and his body hits the ground as Violet looks at her, a bit concerned.

Clem checks the hallway to make sure no one else was there. Violet glances over and spots what could be the boiler right next to them. "Hey, Clem...This has gotta be the boiler, right?" Clem looks at the boiler. "Yeah. It has to be. That's where we need to plant the bomb." "Too much stuff in the way." Sarah states. "Maybe there's another way in."

They head through the doorway the raider came from, and they all take cover behind some crates before a raider runs by them. The raider stops and takes a few shots out a window before running away. Clem sneaks after where the raider went, and takes cover behind another doorway. "Wait here." She tells the others. Clem sneaks into the next hallway, and behind a crate close to another raider shooting out the window. She grabs her bow and stands out of cover, aiming at him. She fires the arrow just as he turns around, and it goes right into his neck.

Clem signals the others and runs over to the boiler, opening it. Violet hands her the bomb and she places it inside the boiler. "There you go, Mitch's Masterpiece." She closes the boiler up. "Bury this thing in the bottom of the river." Violet states. "Once they start up this boat, we won't have much time before it explodes." "How long?" "Not sure. An hour? Thirty minutes?" "It's long enough." Sarah states. Clem nods and heads over to a set of stairs, and climbs up them, narrowly avoiding a raider heading up another set of stairs.

"Minerva, focus." They hear a raider say. "Yes, ma'am." They then hear Minerva say. "I...I have a little brother. Short, scarred face. Is he...he's not out there, is he?" "Look, we've discussed this. Your family is Delta now. There ain't no room for anyone else." Minnie faces the raider. "Yes, ma'am." The raider walks away and Minnie stays. "Shit. Of course she had to be the cell guard. We can't sneak past her." Violet whispers. "Well, do something. We can't waste time." Sarah adds.

Clem sneaks closer before standing and aiming an arrow at Minnie, which gets her attention. "Get. Out." Minnie aims a crossbow at Clem. "Not without our people." "I swear to God, if you got Tenn caught up in this...Just...just tell me that he's safe. Give me that." "He told me to tell you he forgives you."

Minnie hesitates and takes a deep breath. "Shit." She lowers her crossbow. "I'll help you get everyone out. Then you take my brother, and run. Get him back to where it's safe." Clem nods. "Come on. We have to hurry."