Chapter 3: Visions And Card Games.

Clem wanders through the forest, still holding her bleeding wound. "I'll find you two...If it's the last damn thing I do." She says to herself. She hears growling from behind her, and she looks behind her to see that she is still being chased by those walkers from the car. "They're still following me? Fuck...I'm leaving a bigger trail than I thought." Clem hears growling next to her, and a walker jumps out of a bush and grabs her. It then tackles her to the ground and nearly bites her face. Clem uses her remaining strength to push it off her, and scramble to her feet and runs through the forest before the rest of the walkers can catch up.

Clem runs through the forest, and stops when she is certain she lost the walkers before she leans against a tree. She looks at her wound, seeing as it's bleeding heavily. "Shit...I need to do something about this...." She takes off her bandana and wraps it around herself and the wound before tying it. However; blood loss gets the better of her and she slides down the tree, slowly losing consciousness.

When Clem regains consciousness, she notices that she's no longer sitting against the tree. Looking around, she sees that she's no longer in the forest at all, instead, she's in an RV. She gets to her feet and realizes that it's not just any RV, but it's the RV from the motor inn, from a few months into the apocalypse, when she was still with Lee. "But...if this is...then how....?" She asks herself. She opens the door to the RV and walks out, and she discovers that it was parked in the motor inn. "Hey Clem!" She hears a voice call from the top of the RV. She looks and sees someone sitting on the Rv with a rifle in hand. "Ben...?" "Yeah. I'm glad you remember me." "It's kinda hard not too, since you were the one that got-" "Me killed?" A voice from behind Clem finishes for her. Clem turns around. "Holy shit...Carley.." Clem says before she hugs Carley. "Good to see you too, Clem." "H-How....but... I saw you..." "That doesn't matter right now. I wanted to talk to you." Carley says before she leads Clem over to the balcony looking above the motor inn.

"It's like we never left this place." Clem says as she watches the people in the motor inn. "Yeah. I met up with everyone all the way through Savannah." "You what?" "Anyways, I just want to say I'm sorry for what happened to your eye." Clem goes silent and doesn't respond. "I know you changed when it happened too. I mean, you turned Carver's head into a fine red paste." "Yeah, I know." "And you need to be more like that." "Wait, what?" "I'm serious. The only reason I was shot is because Lee didn't stop Lily." "No. It was because Kenny smashed her dad's head with a saltlick." "You see, back then, that wouldn't be right, and I agree with that. However; now, when survival is getting harder when communities form and start wars with one another, that kind of behavior is needed." "What the hell are you trying to say?" "I'm saying that you need to take action, before it's too late, or you end up like me." "It's already too late..." Clem says as she takes her hand off her wound and shows it to Carley. "Ouch." "That's all you have to say?" "Yep. Oh, and watch out." "Watch out for what?" "Right behind you." Clem turns around and is attacked by a walker.

The walker grabs Clem and pins her against the tree. She holds the walker back with one hand and searches the ground for a weapon with the other, eventually finding a rock. She uses it to bash the walker's head in, then she gets up and starts moving again, realizing that she was in the forest the whole time. "Fuck...Was I dreaming? But...then how did Carley know what happened over the years?" Clem asks herself as she keeps moving. "Dammit, I need to keep going...I need to find Sarah and AJ." She pushes on through the forest. "AH!" She yells before she looks down at her wound, which has bled through her shirt, jacket, and now bandana. "I can't die....not now. I need to find them, and make sure they're safe. Then....I can die...but not now." She tells herself.

Meanwhile, Sarah and the others get back in the walls around the school. AJ grabs her hand, which gets her to stop. "They're pretty good." He says. "With the monsters." "C'mon, y'all, food's nearly-" Marlon starts, but as he puts a hand on AJ's shoulder, AJ elbows him in between the legs. "AJ!" Sarah says before AJ runs away. "Shit....Kid packs a goddamn wallop, huh?" Marlon asks in pain. "Yeah...you can't really sneak up on him. He's...very sensitive when it comes to that." "Very sensitive. He can't go around punching people in the...you know... and expect them to eat at the same table." "Yeah, yeah. I'll talk to him." Sarah says as she walks over to AJ, who's staring through the gate. "Hey." "Hey." "What are you looking at?" Sarah asks. "What's that bird doing?" AJ asks as he watches a bird pick at a dead walker. "We need to talk about what happened." Sarah says, ignoring his question. "I didn't mean to hit him. I didn't know it was Marvin." "Marlon." "Right." "Look, I'm sure they'll forgive you, as long as you don't do it again. You should go talk to them." "But...but I don't think they like me." "Then we'll go show them just how wrong they are." "I think I'll stay here. With the bird." "Listen. We haven't eaten for days. The car is gone. Clem is missing. All that's out there are walkers, and if Clem's not coming back....do you want to go back out there?" "No!" "So, we should apologize to Marlon." "Right now?" "We'll get to it. Let's start small, with the other kids."