Chapter 13: One More Game.

The sun starts to set as AJ looks back as Louis pulls out his cards. "Come on, we gotta play." He tells Tenn before he heads towards the group. "Okay, I'm coming." Tenn follows him over.

"Ugh, we haven't played a game in weeks, since that night with Marlon." Violet says as she gets the fire going. "I mean, if you wanna go ask Ruby to come play, I don't mind waiting." Louis says to Aasim. "Shut up dude!" Aasim yells. "I swear to God." "You've got a crush on Ruby?" Violet asks.

"What're we playing?" AJ asks. "Truth or Dare!" Louis shuffles his cards up. "You don't use cards in Truth or Dare." "You do in this version. Everyone draws. Highest card gets to ask. Lowest card has to answer." Louis takes a card and passes the deck around, showing Clem with the lowest and Violet with the highest. "This should be good. Let's see. Truth. Marry-Fuck-Kill." "Vi." Tenn says. "Fine. Marry-Flip-Kill. Sarah, Aasim, or... James, that guy who saved you." Violet tells Clem. "Oh my God." Clem says. "You gotta answer. Them's the rules." "Mm. Let's see. I would marry...James." "He sounds mysterious." "Funny. You pronounce 'horrifying' differently than I do." "Didn't you say he wore skin? Like, human, skin?" Clem nods. "Whatever makes you happy, Clem." "I would, um, flip..." "Flip, flip, flip, flip." Louis and AJ chant. "....Sarah."

Everyone looks at Sarah while Clem looks away, her face red. "What?" "Well, Clem just said she'd flip you." "I mean, she's already offered." Sarah says, which gets everyone to start laughing. "Bit of a lost cause, eh Clem?" Louis says. "Wait, what'd you say to that offer?" "I said 'You're pretty desperate to be coming to me for that'." Everyone just laughs more. "Shut up..." Clem says with a red face.

After a bit, they all calm down. "So that means you're killing..." "This is amazing." "Aasim!" "Oh, thank God." "What?! You'd rather die than marry or flip Clem?" "I-uh, n-no! I didn't mean it like that!" Clem just rolls her eye. "This is great. We're laughing, we're bonding. It's a nice break from thinking about homicidal assholes sneaking into our homes to kidnap us." Louis says. "Not if you bring it up." Violet states. "Onto round two."

Everyone draws another card. "I win." Clem says. "And poor Aasim, loses." "Definitely a Dare." "Okay, do your worst." Clem thinks for s minute. "You have to ask Ruby...for a kiss." "Seriously?!" "The most legitimate of dares." Aasim then gets up and walks over to Ruby, and the others laugh as Ruby slaps him in the face. "Well, I think we learned something about our good friend Aasim today." Louis says once Aasim sits back down. "Mainly that he has no romantic charm, whatsoever." "Shut. Up." "Look sharp, y'all. It's time for round three!"

Everyone draws another card, showing Clem with the lowest again. "I got it." Louis says. "We've been pretty hard on poor Aasim here, teasing him about sweet Ruby. Seems only fair we mercilessly tease someone else about unrequited love. So, Clem. Anyone here you like-like?" "Seriously? 'Like-Like'?" Violet asks. "What are you, six?" "Seven, thank you." "Yeah, I've definitely got feelings for someone." Clem says. "Oh ho! Who is it?" "Nope. Not telling."

Everyone draws another card. "Sweetness." Violet says with the highest card. "Did you just say 'sweetness'?" Louis asks. "Yes, you jealous I said it first?" "No...just... who has the low card?" "Right here." Sarah holds her card up. "Cool. So, Dare." "Oh boy." "This'll be good." "You have to kiss either Clementine or Louis for ten seconds." "Why me?" "Because you have been making google eyes at her since she got here." Sarah thinks it over for a minute. "This is a tricky one." "It also shows what kind of person you're into." Louis states. "Just for that, get over here, Louis." Sarah gets up. "Wait, wait, wait, wait!" "What? You never kiss anyone before?" "What? Not that! It's just...you're absolutely terrifying sometimes." Sarah walks over to him. "I know." She grabs Louis and kisses him for ten seconds before sitting back down. "And just so you know, I don't have a crush on you." "Goddammit..."