Chapter 2: New Friends And One Less Old One.

When Sarah regains consciousnesses, she looks around and notices that she's in a bit of a worn down dorm room, with two bunk beds, a desk, a closet, and tape around one of her wrists strapped to the bedpost. "Clem! AJ!" She says to herself as she rips off the tape and gets up. She notices some used medical supplies on a drawer next to her, and reaches up to feel bandages wrapped around her head. Checking each drawer for anything useful, she finds a book. She picks it up opens it, finding several pictures of the same three girls. "Boring." She says as she puts the book back.

She walks to the door and tries it, finding it locked. "Never that easy." She walks over to the closet, opens it and finds a box on a shelf too high up for her height. So, she just uses a chair and grabs it, opening it on the desk. "Perfect." She says, as grabs a palette knife. She walks over and sticks the knife in between the door and unlocks it. She enters a hall and walks down to a corner. She peeks from behind the corner to see the door at the other end. "Shit." She whispers as she runs back and takes cover by a nearby trophy case.

A young boy walks through the hall and up to the door to the room she was in, pulling a knife out once he sees the door open. "Right here, kid." She says as she steps out into the open, which gets the kid to put his arms up. "Drop it." Sarah demands.

"How about you do the same?" Someone asks from the end of the hall, aiming a bow right at Sarah. "We're not gonna hurt you. We've got your boy. He's safe. I'll take you to see him, but first, drop the knife." The man orders. "You first." Sarah says. The man lowers his bow. "There. Now you." Sarah then drops her knife.

"See? We're not gonna hurt you." The man says as he walks up to her, holstering the bow on his back. "I'm Marlon. The little guy is Tennessee. "Tenn" for short. He's the one been taking care of you. He, uh, doesn't talk much." Marlon says as Tenn puts his arms down. "Sarah." "Sorry about locking the door and tying you to the bed and all." "No need to explain. Unless you plan on killing me or something." "No. Don't be crazy. Must've been tough out there. For the both of you." "Both of us? You mean all three of us." "All three? What do you mean?" "There were three of us, in the car, when it crashed." "We didn't see a third person. It was just you and the boy." "You're kidding, right? You didn't  see the girl with an eyepatch in the backseat?" "Uh, no. There wasn't anyone in the backseat, except for a dead walker." "Bullshit." "Well, we didn't see shit. I'm sorry." "Then where is she?" "Look, I'm sorry, but there was nobody else in the car."

Back at the car crash, Clem is woken up by the growls of a walker slamming on the car. "Fuck!" She says as she backs away from the side the walker is on, only to stop from a extremely sharp pain. "AAAH!" Clem looks down and sees a giant glass shard stabbed right  into her abdomen. "Dammit..."

A walker climbs through the back window and grabs her leg. Clem quickly kicks the walker back and tries to grab her knife, but it's out of her reach. So she grabs the glass shard in her, yanks it out as quickly as she can, and she ignores the pain as she stabs the walker in the head with the shard. Clem then quickly climbs out of one of the side windows, giving herself more wounds from more pieces of broken glass.

Clem uses the car to help her stand and she grabs her stab wound in her abdomen. "Fuck...I need to find Sarah....and AJ." Clem doesn't notice the walker next her until it grabs her. The walker tackles her to the ground and tries to take a bite outta her. She uses her strength to push it off of her, and she scrambles to her feet, before she sees a group of walkers heading for the car. "I need to save my own ass first..." She grabs her wound again and runs into the forest.
Marlon and Tenn lead Sarah outside of the building, showing that she was brought to an old run down school. "So you've been surviving out there a while, huh?" Marlon asks. "Yeah, we've been on the road for a long time." "Take it you know how to handle yourself?" "Who doesn't?" "I think it's pretty cool." They start walking and Sarah notices several other kids around the courtyard, none of them older than Clem or as young as AJ. She spots Tenn running over to the outer wall and alerting a girl sitting on top to Sarah's presence. "It's good we found you when we did. It wasn't easy getting just you two out of that wreck. If there was a third person in the car, it would've been harder, especially with the walkers on the way." "Are you sure there wasn't anyone else?" "Yes. I'm sure." "Fuck." "I had enough time to check. There wasn't anyone." One of the kids walks up to Sarah and stares at her. "I appreciate you getting me and AJ at least." Sarah looks to the kid, who's still staring. "You got a problem, kid?" Marlon turns around as the kid runs away. "You're just new. We haven't seen anything like you in...ever." "What even is this place?" "You can probably tell it use to be a school. Now it's whatever we want it to be."