Chapter 4: Very Old Friends And Plans.

Violet sits at the table with Louis as he cleans up the cards. "Smooth one, idiot." She says to him. "I didn't know that would set her off." Louis states. "Next time, you shouldn't even ask a question like that." "Trust me, I'm not going to ever again." "You say that with so many things, yet you still do." "You got a problem?" Louis says, getting up. "Yes, I do have a fucking problem. It involves a car, and Clementine." "Oh my god....don't start with that AGAIN." "Why not? We left her to die." "Marlon said that we couldn't save her." "And you just believe him?" "I gotta. He's my best friend." "Just because you two are friends,  doesn't mean he's right all the damn time.." "Not like you would know." Louis states. "What?" "You're not exactly the most social of people, Vi." "Fuck you, Louis." Is all Violet says before she gets up, shoves past Louis and heads into the school.

Sarah opens the door to the room she was taped in and sits on one of the beds. "Fucking stupid. Good work, Sarah. You just pissed off the only few who welcome you." Violet walks over to the room where Sarah was put in when she was rescued and stops outside the door. "Okay. Just say your here for coloring stuff for Tenn." She tells herself before she opens the door. "Oh. Shit. I-I didn't know Marlon set you up in this room. I just wanted to grab something. From the closet." Violet lies as she enters the room and checks the closet. "Where the hell is it?" She asks before turning and seeing the container on the desk. "Oh." "What?" Sarah asks. "That's what I was looking for. It belonged to Sophie. Tenn was asking for more art supplies and stuff, so I was going to...." "Take it." Sarah says. "Thanks. It's just been sitting here for the past year and no one's touched it." "It's fine, just take it." "Are....you okay?" "Don't ask stupid questions." "Sorry...It's just, you were set off so easily-" "I don't like to talk about my "dad", okay?" Violet doesn't say anything and tries to change the subject when she sees Sarah's bag next to the bed. "Huh. I see you're um...settling in." Yeah. Is that a problem?" "No. Not at all. I always liked this room. Sophie had, like, paintings and shit on the walls. Lots of color. And Minne....She was really musical. Not like Louis though... she had actual talent. She had this amazing voice. Real bluesy. Marlon always joked that he would scavenge a guitar and the two of them would tour the country." Violet looks away from Sarah. "That was a long time ago. After they....afterwards, Brody and Tenn took down all the paintings. And that was the end of it.... I shouldn't have even brought it up. It's not a good memory." Violet says. "Well, sounds like they were great friends." Sarah says. "Yeah. Sophie was a good friend. And Minnie...Uh....We were close. Me and her." "Closer than Clem and I?" Sarah asks. "I...uh..I don't know how close you two are..." "The best of friends." "Oh....maybe..." "What exactly happened to them? Sophie and Minerva?" "They went scavenging with Marlon and Brody out past the safe zone. Didn't make it back. It happens." Violet says as she sits on the bed opposite of Sarah. "Honestly, I just miss having someone around to talk to. There's just... so many dudes. This place can get a little too Bro-town for my liking sometimes. And I'm not exactly like... a people person. You know?" Violet states. "You come off alright. Clem would think you were pretty cool, and I'd agree with her." Violet felt her face get red before she looks down. "Oh. Um. Thanks. I guess. So....um...what's Clem like?" "You already asked." "I mean, besides what you said earlier." "Oh. In that case....she's the best survivor and leader you'll ever meet. She can face a group of walkers with just a knife and come out on top." "Wow....she sounds amazing." "Yeah. I think she might have a thing for girls too." Violet's face gets even more red when she hears that. "R-Really?" "I'm joking." Violet looks to the door before looking back at Sarah. "Listen, at the car crash when we found-"

Violet is cut off by a knock at the door followed by Marlon opening the door. "Everything okay in here, Sarah?" He asks. "Yeah, what do you want?" "Just making sure you calmed down after your "incident" before." "Well, I am." "That's good. Oh, and Violet. A word, please?" "Uh...sure, Marlon..." Violet says before getting up walking out of the room. Marlon closes the door and grabs Violet by the arm and drags her through the hall. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Marlon asks, extremely angry. "I was telling her the truth." Violet says as she gets free of Marlon. "I told you already, tell her that her friend WASN'T in the car!" "She was! You can't expect us to live with this, Marlon!" "You have any idea what she'll do if she finds that out?" "She'll probably kill you." "Not me, us." "What? Fuck no! I'm not taking the blame because you're a coward!" "Shut up!" "I'm going to tell her, and you can't stop-" "SHUT UP!" Marlon yells before he punches Violet right in the nose, which knocks her into the wall. Violet grabs her nose as blood starts to pour out of it. "Violet, I-" Marlon starts but is stopped when Violet kicks him in between the legs. "Stay the fuck away from me!" Violet yells as she kicks Marlon down and runs away.