Chapter 7: Always Aim For The Head.

Once Sarah and Clem get outside to the yard, the wind picks up and blows out the candle Clem had. "Great." She tosses it away. "According to the map, the cellar door should be over here." Sarah walks over to where the cellar door should be, and finds it right there. "Found it!" She yells to Clem, but notices it has a padlock on it. "Shit. It's locked!"

"I can't believe you! You're a fucking coward!" "Hey! HEY! We are in this together! You will not put this all on me!" Sarah hears the two voices arguing inside. Clem, on the other hand, grabs a brick as she walks over to the cellar door. "Move." Sarah gets out of the way as Clem smashes the padlock with the brick
twice, breaking it. She takes the padlock off, and opens the cellar door.

The two head down the stairs into the basement. "Dammit, Brody! We don't even know for sure if it's them!" They both hear Marlon yell. "Either way, he's dead now. He's no longer a threat!" "You know he's not alone. Those bastards are back and it's only a matter of time before they find us. You know that!" "I don't know shit, and neither do you! Goddamn it, Brody, keep it together!" "There you go again, getting so mad...." "Well, what do you want me to do? You're making me mad!" "Oh, we have to tell the others, about everything you did." "Shut up! We aren't telling them shit!" Marlon and Brody continue to argue as Clem and Sarah slowly approach them.

"Who's there?" Marlon says as he shines a flashlight towards them. "Show yourself." Clem and Sarah step out from behind a shelf. "Clem...Sarah..." Brody starts. "What are you two doing down here?" Clem asks. "In the dark?" Sarah states. "Brody and I were just talkin', go get some sleep you two. You deserve some shut eye. You had a busy day." "We would, if the two of you would keep it down with you're damn yelling." Sarah states. "So sorry about that, I didn't think anyone would hear us." "You wanna tell us what's going on?" "It's really none of your business. Go back to the dorm." Marlon tells the two. "How about, you tell us now, or I break your hand." Sarah threatens. "The man you met at the station. We got history with him." Brody blurts out, which gets Marlon to shove her. "Brody... Don't listen to her, you two, she's acting crazy. She gets this way sometimes, you just gotta tune it out." "Don't be afraid, Brody. Say what you have to say." Clem gets right in front of Marlon. "What "history"?" Brody hesitates for a second.

"Marlon let him take the twins. Him and his people!" "Damn it, Brody!" "Tenn's sisters? I thought they were killed by walkers?" "That's the story we told everyone." "Shut up!" "'Cause Marlon was so ashamed of what-" "I said SHUT UP!" Marlon yells as he smacks Brody right in the head with the flashlight. Clem jumps back as it happens. "What the fuck?!" Sarah yells. "Uh...What'd you say?" Brody starts bleeding from above her eye, and she falls back against a furnace. "Oh shit, Brody. I'm sorry!" Marlon drops the flashlight and runs to her side. "Shit, what have you done?!" "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. You're gonna be okay, I promise. Goddamnit, help!"

Sarah walks over and pulls Marlon off of Brody. "Get away from her, you bastard!" Clem kneels next to Brody. "Okay...okay. Just...just stay with her. There's a first aid kit down here somewhere, right?" "A first aid kit?!" Marlon just shrugs and starts searching the shelves. "Brody...it's me, Clem. Just....just stay still." Brody starts to speak up. "What? I...I can't see..." "Clementine, remember? We ran  into each other in the woods?" Sarah kneels next to Brody. "Brody, we talked about driving up into the mountains. Where you could see everything." "Sarah? Sarah, you're in danger. You, Clem, and AJ." "What danger?" "Marlon'll kill me if I tell. He's scared, and when he gets scared, he gets angry." Clem grabs Brody's hand. "We'll deal with Marlon. I promise you that." "Yeah... yeah, you will. You're both strong. And he's not. If those raiders come back... Marlon said he'd let them take Sarah." "Take me?" "To make them go away. Like he did...like he did with Tenn's sisters." "What...?" "The second....Marlon learned you were an adult....he wanted you gone....that's why he left Clem in the car...." "He what?!" "He forced both Violet and Louis to keep quiet about it...." As Brody talks, she starts to choke, before she finally dies.