Chapter 5: Back Together.

"....ementine....Clementine...Clem!" Clem jumps awake from whoever called her name. She looks up and sees that she's in the jewelry store. "No...not here again..." She tells herself. "Aw, come on now, Clem. Don't be sad." She hears a familiar voice say. She get up and walks over to where the voice came from. "Lee..." "Hey, sweet pea." Lee says as he gets up from the spot he was shot in. "It's good to see you again." He hugs Clem with both of his arms. Clem hugs Lee back, ignoring the pain from her wounds. Lee stops hugging her and backs up. "I guess the world got pretty hard since I left it." He says as he looks at Clem's injuries. "But you're in my shoes now." "Heh....I guess I am. Though I might not make it back to them." "Nonsense. You're strong, Clem. You can do anything." "I know, Lee, but I can't survive much longer or I'll bleed out." "You're closer than you think." "What?" "Time to go, Clementine. You got people who need you." "Wait, what?" Clem asks before she wakes up back in the forest.

"Dammit. Another dying dream." She gets up, noticing it's morning. "Well, at least they didn't find me." She grabs her shoulder and starts walking, only to stumble and fall. "Shit!" She grabs her wound from the car crash. "No...I lost too much blood..." "You know. I've been thinkin'..." Clem looks up and rushes behind another tree. "Not again..." She says to herself.

"I wish we could all go on a road trip together." Brody says as the four of them walk down the trail. "Road trip? Why bother? It's not like there's anything worth seeing anymore." Violet says. "Oh c'mon. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to see. Maybe Sarah could show us around." "That sounds kind of nice. Clem and I love the open road. I wouldn't mind showing you around." "Just as long as you're not the one driving it." Violet says. "Are we going to the car?" AJ asks. "No, bud. It's broken." "Good. I'm sick of the car. Are we going to look for Clem?" "Marlon told us not too." "What? Why?" "I didn't ask. I might've killed him if I did."

The four of them walk up to the shack used for fishing, while Clem watches them from behind. "Oh thank God they're safe..." She says upon seeing Sarah and AJ. "I wish this old rust bucket was still working. We could just jump in and start driving." Brody kicks and old pickup truck. "We could take turns sitting in the back. It'd be like driving one of those cars with the top that goes down!" "We'd run out of gas, eventually." "But still. It's fun to imagine, isn't it?" Violet sighs in anger and walks away. "Where would you go, Sarah? If you could drive anywhere you wanted?" "I'd drive up one of those long roads that wind around the mountain. Follow it all the way to the top." "You could see over the whole world, I bet." "Yeah, get a nice view of the world while you die of frostbite. Sounds like the dream." "Come on, Vi, would it kill you to live a little? I've lived here my entire life. Heck, I'd say I know every inch of these woods. I'd kind of like to un-know it." "No use dreaming of what could be. We've got shit to do." "Yeah, I guess we should get to work on these fish. We got spears inside the shack. Come on." "You go ahead. I'll stay out here."

The three of them, minus Violet, enter the shack. "Where are those spears?" Brody starts. "Hey....about Vi...I'm sorry she's being a little mean. It's my fault." "What do you mean?" "I was there when those walkers killed Sophie and Minnie. They were really close with Vi and...I think she blames me for what happened to them. I mean, how do you apologize for something that fucked up?" "These things happen." "Still, I was the one that had to break the news to her. And ever since then, she's become distant. We all used to be friends. Guess I just kinda miss that. But when you showed up.... I don't know. I just haven't seen her warm up to someone in a long time." They both notice the spears and Brody walks over to them. "Do you...I mean, I'd hate to ask this of you. But do you think you could talk to her?" "Sure thing, Brody. I can talk to her." "Really? That's great! Thanks, Sarah." Brody grabs a spear. "I'm gonna go check our fish traps downstream." "Hey! What the hell is taking you two so long?" Violet yells from outside. "See?" Brody grabs the other spears. "I'll take these to Vi. There should be some extras lying around." Brody says as she leaves. Sarah looks around and finds spare spear. "V plus M?" She hears AJ say as she grabs it. "What's that mean?" Sarah walks over and sees "V + M" with a heart carved around it in the wall. "Violet and Minerva. They were in love." "Oh...love." "Anyways, ready to get some fish?" "Yeah." "Then let's go."