Part 3

"Walz, get up! You are coming with me to this party whether you like it or not"

"CheeChee, I'm reading"

"Can you not be a sad tumblr stereotype for one night so we can have some fun?"

"Yeah, insult me. That's how you'll win me over"

"Shut up, you know I love you, which is why I want you to come with me. It'll take your mind off of Green Eyes"

"Okay, fine. But I won't be happy about it"

"Just hurry and get ready," Dinah chuckled at me as I went to get all dolled up.

***

"Damnnn, girl! You lookin' like a three course meal," my roommate hypes me up as we are on our way to a house party down the road. I simply blush at her words and continue down the sidewalk actually a little excited to get out.

However, my good mood changes as soon as I walk through the door. I can already feel the bass shaking the floor and we haven't even gotten downstairs where the noise is coming from. I can already feel my anxiety building as I walk down the stairs and I'm very much regretting not pregaming for this. I'm not ready to have to interact with drunk people.

The music is now pounding in my ears and the smell of sweat and beer fills my nose. I try not to listen to my heart beating erratically in my chest. We finally make it to the drinks and I guess Dinah and I were thinking the same thing because we both started throwing back shots.

Shockingly, the added alcohol did not bring down my anxiety and simply heightened it. I looked around for Dinah as I tried to calm my breathing. The room was spinning faster and faster by the second and I knew I was having a panic attack. Tears welled in my eyes as sobs escaped my lips and I slid down the wall in the corner of the room, hugging my knees to my chest. I put my head down, close my eyes, and cover my ears, trying my best to disappear.

As my body shakes in panic, I start to hear the music getting softer and softer. Before I can process any more, I am being pulled into a room and placed on the bed and the sound of partying now just a soft hum.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, just breathe."

Wait. I know that voice. I look up and sure enough there she is. Looking at me with so much concern and her eyes are sparkling as they meet mine.

"Breathe with me. In, out, in, out"

I follow her rhythm and start to calm down. Once my breathing evens out, she puts a finger under my chin, lifting my head, so I have to look at her.

"You okay? My name is Lauren, can you tell me yours?"

Lauren. I finally have a name for my mystery girl. I feel my eyes droop and my lips turning up in a small smile.

"Hey, stay with me. Can you tell me your name?" the girl, who I now know as Lauren, says and lightly shakes my arm. As I break out of my little trance, I stutter out, "C-Camila...my name i-is Camila."