Rage

Zhutian Terrace

In absolute horror, Ye Hua stilled his steps at the bottom of the stairwell leading to Zhutian Terrace as Su Jin threw his wife into that swirling storm of death and though his mind comprehended it, he couldn't believe.  Hundreds of years passed through his mind as Su Sus head turned briefly to catch sight of him.  Her face was a mask of terror but there was something else in it, something he knew that Su in had forced on her just seconds before she pushed her in.

Behind him, Mo Yuans face too was filled with horror.  He caught only a small glimpse of his little Seventeenth before she was suddenly swept up in the icy grip of that took her off them both.  In tears and in disbelief, his sight then moved to the one who had dared to kill her only moments after his return.  He moved a couple of steps before suddenly finding himself bound to the railing and being too weak to lift it, he then watched as Ye Hua flew at her.

Mo Yuan had been briefly informed of her theft of the Qing Cangs Power Source, but to see how fast she was able to move, which was beyond even their capabilities was truly startling, because one second she was there and the next second she was gone.  This wasn't a normal departure, there was no lingering energy left in her wake which one always left when they cloud jumped away.  And it was then, that Mo Yuan was given an insight into just how powerful that woman was.  But he had also seen the madness in her eyes, she had held the Power Source for too long, and being a young Immortal, he knew she would make mistakes if she continued to hold onto it.

But as all these thoughts passed through his mind, he watched on in even greater horror as his brother raced towards the Well of Death.  He was screaming, his body shaking and the pain in the mans heart whiplashed his own as if a burning blade had just passed through it.  Terrified that Ye Hua was going to throw himself in after her, he needn't have worried, because a look of pure rage dragged across the mans entire face as he fell to his knees just a few inches away.

With his head down and his back to him, Mo Yuan couldn't see his expressions and that frightened him, because Ye Hua was too close to the edge.  

"Ye Hua, please.  Move back!" he yelled out only to be drowned out as a scream so violent erupted into the gaping hole below him.  His entire body was shaking, his fists were pounding against the sides, and that scream continued as Ye Hua lost his mind completely.

The howling was horrendous and for them both, his heart broke into a million pieces , but for his brother especially.  He knew this was where he had grown up and he also knew just how difficult his upbringing would have been.  To have found love in that kind of atmosphere was near impossible, so he understood his brothers pain at losing it.  

Only she was also his Disciple, one he had gone over and above in his duties to protect her, even killing himself in the hope that she would be there waiting for him only to lose her to his brother.  In all, he was hurt by it still, but his love for Ye Hua overrode any untoward feelings he may have harboured had he been anyone else.  Instead his heart continued to break and his own body weaken at his brothers agony until eventually he could bear no more of the screaming.

"Ye Hua, please......" he called out while watching his every move like a hawk and prepared to release a spell of his own should so much as move an inch closer.

Only the moment that Ye Hua stumbled ungainly to his feet, then the struggle to free himself from the binding that Ye Hua was using to keep him from getting anywhere near that Well began in earnest.  His face looked like a mask of rage and terror, and though fighting to free himself, Mo Yuan caught a brief look of surrender in that look, as if he might throw himself in after her.

"Ye Hua!" Mo Yuans usually soft voice boomed across the short distance and for a moment more, he thought his brother had not heard him, because he remained staring down into the destructive pit only to slowly turn around and release the binding.  Instantly Mo Yuan closed the gap between them as his brother almost fell into his arms in tears and sobbing.