Spiritual Connections

The Celestial Heavens

Listening as the girl fled the room, Haode very slowly turned his head towards the door as the flash of white and gold disappeared around the corner.  That much movement alone was enough to send his head spinning, but he forced himself to turn over before a hacking cough forced him to stop, but refusing the help of his Medicine King who had been resting in the side room, he ordered him to help him up.

"I do not advise that Your Majesty.  It has been only one day, you need at least one more day of rest before you sit up.  The stings venom is still in your system." he said firmly only to jump, when Haode eyes began to blacken.

"I already know that you idiot.  Now help me up." he ordered one final time, which had the man moving very quickly to place his hand about his shoulders so he could sit up.

"There is someone I want you fetch for me and it is imperative that you hurry." he said softly between a grimace and a cough.

"Xuilan.  Ci Hangs maid.  Go and get her." he coughed again, and though the Medicine King was more inclined to give the man a sleep elixir, this time he did not argue.

Resting his head back as he waited for the small woman who even he respected regardless of her rank, Haodes mind slowly went over everything Su Jin had told him.  But being bed bound and knowing he could do nothing until the venom had left his system, he remained where he was fuming.

Not only was he furious with Ye Hua, who was at the forefront of his mind and never fully left it, but according to Su Jin, he had indeed married the Mortal who he also knew to be Si Yin, but a child had also resulted, one that was exceptionally powerful.  She had said the child was one Mortal year of age, and was growing as one would expect a child in the Mortal Realm to do.  He might have been born Immortal, but he grew rapidly under their time frame.  Only Su Jin mentioned that she could not get near Su Su as the child was protecting her.

According to her account, the child had seen through her barrier and was able to hit her with energy that she suddenly became vague on mentioning.  And this was where Haodes suspicions about Su Jins activities began to grow.  His advisers had yet to arrive, even though he had given  her the means to not only find them, but to also sneak them into the Celestial Heavens, so he could only surmise that Su Jin was using them to her own end.

And this he deduced from childs ability to see through her barrier.  He might be the son of two High Immortals, but he was still a baby and he knew for a fact that Su Jins measly magic was not all that strong, but it was strong enough to hide behind the spells he had given to her, so a mere baby should not have been able to see through it regardless.

But it was the mention of the childs power that interested him now.  If he was that powerful to be able to not only see through her barrier but her father couldn't then that meant she was aslo using an energy that did not belong to her.  And nor was she meant to be traipsing about the Mortal Realm, that was not the orders he had given to her.  And so for a little while, he had used a very small amount of his own energy to feel hers out, and it was as he suspected, she had taken the power source into herself.

And it explained why Ye Hua could not see through her barrier, because he absolutely should have been able to.  He was also aware that Di Jun had visited him on his arrival, so he was positive that he had taken the power source out from under him, and there was only one place in the entire Nine Heavens that he would have taken it, and that was his own archives which was in effect a vault, only Su Jin suddenly gasped out Ci Hangs name just moments before she had fled his chamber.

It did not take much of an effort to understand what she was doing.  She may have been his side consort and was loyal to him, but the entire Palace knew that she as in love with Ye Hua and she was doing whatever she felt she needed to, in order to get him back.  He knew he should have felt angrier, after all she was his wife yet was hankering after another man, but surprisingly he wasn't.  If anything, he felt a little saddened because he knew she wasn't right in the head, she never had been when it came to Ye Hua.