Oneshot 17: Surprise!

"Bye G!", Lesley waved goodbye to her boyfriend. He just left in a hurry and didn't even waved goodbye or anything.

Oh wow, another day that he was full of work. Can't he balance me and work? This relationship is getting toxic, she thought.

She took her Prada bag, and went straight to her hospital. She was a doctor, and as you could see with the brand of her bag, she is very rich.

__

"Les, want me to drive you home?", Claude asked her.

"No thanks, Gusion should be picking me up by now. Thanks for the offer though", she declined his offer.

"Sure", he kindly said.

He was really polite and kind, even to Lesley. Though Lesley declined his offer, he still waited until Gusion came to pick her up. Talk about a bodyguard.

About 30 minutes later, Gusion still wasn't picking her up. So, being the gentlemen, he offered her one more time.

"Lesley, Gusion is not here yet. Let me bring you home, it's getting really late now"

She sighed, and said, "Thanks Claude! I am really lucky to have you as a friend"

"S-sure", he stuttered, kinda hurt.

--

This continued for days, Gusion being too busy, Gusion not picking him up, and him always going home late. She thought, What if he is cheating on me? What if he would want to break up with me? No that cannot just happen after all these times...I love him so much.

"G, are you alright? You could rest you know?", she asked in a concerned tone.

"Eh, this is too important", he said, still continuing his work.

"More important than me?", she frowned.

He remained silent, which made her worry. His face looked...nervous, and scared. She just acted normal as if nothing happened by saying, "Forget what I said. I'm sorry for pressuring you".

They didn't talk the whole night after that.

--

"Lezzziieeeeee! Wake up!", Layla, on the other line said to wake her up.

"Uhh who is this?", she asked, obviously she just woke up.

"Uh..Layla. Let's go to Starbucks! We should hang out, with Clint and Gusion"

"Gusion couldn't go, he has work and he mostly doesn't have ti-"

"HE DOESN'T HAVE TIME FOR YOU?! GO TO STARBUCKS NOW, CLINT AIN'T COMING...THIS IS GIRL TALK"

"Uh sure"

--

Layla being the talkative and curious one, asked, "Why doesn't Gusion have time for you?"

Lesley frowned and said, "He is too busy with some project..ya know"

"Break up with him", Layla said, which caused Lesley's sadness.

"B-but why?", she asked in tears.

"I can see it is getting too toxic, I heard from Claude that he doesn't pick you up anymore. And, if someone can balance their relationship with their career, that person could be successful. But if you really love him that much, oppose the pain and stay with him", she explained.

Lesley thought about that, but she knows in her heart that he is the one she loves. She would accept pain just to see him. But if he is in pain, she wouldn't take it.

--

In a normal day, Gusion told Lesley that they would have a date. She happily said yes.

Later that night, in a fancy, elegant restaurant, in a table that is in a special room

"Les, can we talk seriously, for now?", Gusion told Lesley.

"What is it about, work? Money?", she asked, rolling her eyes.

"Nah, just wanted to tell you. I don't wanna be your boyfriend anymore", those words made Lesley's heart crumble into a million pieces.

"Wait...so you are breaking up with me? Gusion? But..what about our memories? Everything? You would let go of all that? Please Gus...please don't", Lesley pleaded and begged to Gusion.

"Les..", he stuttered, but was cut off when Lesley talked.

"Seriously?! I gave you everything, you gave me everything, I loved you and you loved me! And now, we will finish it?", she said.

"I will not force you, if you want to leave me, then leave. Though I would have a hard time forgetting you", she continued, her eyes filled with tears.

Gusion was in tears too, and tried to talk "Les..."

"What now? My ex-boyfriend?", she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Les..I didn't mean that. I mean..I didn't want to be your boyfriend anymore, because I wanted to be your husband", Gusion said.

He continued, "Lesley, for 2 years straight, you have been everything to me. I am sorry for those days I was cold to you, I was just preparing this night, and wedding day, though I am not sure if you would say yes. I wanted everything to be perfect. Plus, I already got the blessings I needed. So, my girlfriend, my happiness, and my everything, will you be my wife and marry me?". He was kneeling down and crying.

She felt guilty for judging too early, then cried tears of joy.

"Oh G...I am sorry I misunderstood. Of course, I will marry you", she happily said.

"I love you G!", she said.

"I love you, Les", he said.