I was more than excited to meet my colleagues and finally have something to do that would keep my mind busy from the marathon it was running almost every five minutes.

My steps almost halted when I felt a presence beside me, the familiar cologne hitting the tip of my nose.

I continued walking and focused on looking ahead. I waited for him to say something, but he didn't utter a word as he soundlessly walked beside me. "What are you doing?" I finally asked in annoyance.

"I'm walking." Walid replied.

His words made me stop in my tracks and turn to my left side. My eyes spotted him beside me and I tried hard to avoid looking into his eyes because when I did, my bravery disappeared, my heart started beating faster and sometimes my cheeks would heat up in....fear I guess.

"I think I can see that. But why are you walking beside me?" I asked, looking at the cars passing in the road behind him instead of him.

"Why are you avoiding looking me in the eyes?" He retorted, coming to a complete stop.

"I-I'm not." I confirmed, and locked my eyes with his. "Now tell me, why are you following me?" I tried hard to focus on my words as I stared at his beautiful eyes.

"I noticed you walking by and just wanted to inform something." He said casually.

"What more is left for you to inform me about? Please, do the honor and make me burst with happiness." I said.

"Your father invited me for dinner tonight." His words made me almost stop breathing for a moment but I composed myself.

Why would my father invite him for dinner? I had always suspected there was something going on between Walid and my father, but Walid had told me clearly that my father had nothing to do with our marriage.

"Why?" I finally asked as I turned back around towards my destination and started walking slowly. He followed me silently before speaking up.

"We have to discuss some things." He replied. "I did tell him to come to my house instead and there is no need for me to join the dinner-"

"I'm sure you did." I interrupted him coldly. "Now that you've informed me, leave me alone." I added, walking faster than before.

"Aren't you mad?" He asked confused. I stopped and swung around.

"That's what you want. You want to see a reaction from me but like I told you before, you're not worth my time or energy. Join us for dinner, come to my house sleep in my house, do whatever you want I couldn't care less. Your presence doesn't affect me." I informed firmly.

A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips, making my heart drop.

With a final look, I swung and walked away. This time, I knew for sure he wasn't following me.

~

A day at work passed by quickly. I had a lot of fun, like I always had when I worked at the salon. I chit chatted with my colleagues throughout the whole time and we even had lunch together at a restaurant nearby during our break.

I also got to know Jalil was out of town, which made me a bit relieved for an unknown reason.

He had said, when I met him at the mall, he would come by some day when I'm at work to go through some things with me regarding the fashion week. I already knew my whole day would be spent with him the day he came to visit.

Thankfully, he didn't come today. Which made my whole afternoon pass by in relief and I had said my bye to everyone before leaving the salon.

I had walked towards home, which was only a fifteen minutes walk, but from the pace I was walking it would take me more than that to reach home.