Petya: Afraid of Spiders

A/N: Once again, the media is drawn by me 😅
The last time I actually had a real crush was 7th grade (I'm a Sophomore in High School now). I remember I would always get all nervous when my crush was close to me, just like how Maya is with Peter in the drawing...

Also... apparently the fandom takes it very seriously when you spell Peter's hero name "Spiderman" instead "Spider-Man". I'm not sure why it really matters but apparently it's strictly spelled "Spider-Man" So.... sorry for misspelling it in the last Petya chapter...

ANYWAY, ENOUGH OF THAT! Without further ado, here's the oneshot now!

This chapter is mostly serious with a pinch of sad stuff... but it's okay because there's also a bit of comedy at the end!

"A menace!" The man on the TV shouted in anger. "Spider-Man is nothing but a menace!"

Maya sat on the couch with Peter, cringing at what this man was saying. How could Peter be a menace?! He's your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! He's helped countless people. "What those people are saying is such bullsh*t," Maya exclaimed angrily.

Peter didn't reply. He just grabbed the remote and shut off the TV. The news was everywhere, and Maya knew it. Luckily it seemed like about 80 percent of the people living in Queens say that Spider-Man is not a menace, but rather, a hero.

But the other 20 percent are not playing nice. They wanted to spread their opinion, and convince more people to agree with them. Maya didn't want to break it to Peter, but she felt that at some point, that 20 percent would rise.

30 percent... 40.... 50.... 60... 70...

...80...

...90...

Maya didn't want to think about it. 'Maybe I'm just overreacting,' she thought to herself.

She scooted closer to a frustrated Peter Parker. "It's not bullsh*t," he said.

"What?"

"It's not bullsh*t."

Peter buried his face in his palms and sighed. When he removed his face from his hands, he leaned back and started to talk. "Every time I try to help, something always goes wrong! I couldn't stop an ATM robbery without destroying the place, many people almost drowned when I tried to stop the Vulture on a boat, and maybe..."

He hesitated.

"M-maybe..."

Tears streamed slowly down Peter's face. Maya tilted her head in concern. "Maybe I could've saved Mr. Stark," Peter finished.

"Please don't blame yourself," Maya said, leaning over wiping away Peter's tears with her thumbs. "It wasn't your fault. None of that was!"

She placed her hands in her lap and listened to what Peter had to say.

"If I was able to get the gauntlet to the time machine, maybe Mr. Stark would still be here..."

"Not even the most powerful heroes where able to get it there," Maya explained. "Thanos's army was much too powerful."

Maya didn't want Peter to keep blaming himself, but she had a sense that he probably would, no matter what she says. Peter remained silenced. Maya leaned back on the couch. "Those other things weren't your fault either. It was the robbers who had powerful weapons in the first place. If they didn't have those, the building would not have been destroyed. Same goes for the boat. And did you catch the robbers? Yes. And did you catch the Vulture? Well, in the end, yes! And nobody got hurt. You are good at helping people, Pete." Maya explained.

Peter turned his head to look at Maya. "But-"

"No buts. You're not a menace, and that's a fact."

"Thank you," Peter said, showing Maya a small smile.

Maya leaned in and planted a kiss on Peter's forehead. "You're welcome."

That's when Maya started to convince herself as well. She was worrying that the number of Spider-Man haters would increase, but now she was starting to realize...

Maybe it's the number of Spider-Man supporters that will increase. 'I hope so...' she thought.

"You know what all of those haters are?" Maya asked.

Peter raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"They're afraid of spiders."

Peter giggled a little at the comment. "Yeah... I guess you're right."

Maya reached for the remote when she felt a tickle on her foot. She looked down to see a small spider crawling on it. Peter saw it too. Maya screeched and kept shaking her foot in hopes that it would come off. "Whoa whoa whoa, hold still, hold still!" Peter kindly demanded.

Right... Maya was literally hanging out with Spider-Man. Maya stopped shaking her foot and watched as Peter got off of the couch, knelt down, and tried getting the spider in his palms.

That's just what he did.

A wave of relief washed over Maya when she saw Peter get up with the spider in his hands. "See?" He began. "Harmless."

"Whatever, Spider-Man," Maya said jokingly.

Thank goodness Olivia wasn't there. She would have an explosion of freak out sessions if she saw a real spider in the room.

Peter laughed and left the apartment to go set the spider free. When he returned, all he said was "speaking of 'afraid of spiders'..."

Maya just chuckled and said "oh shut up!"

Peter took a seat next to her on the couch. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV back on. It was the same channel as before, but this time a lady who was thinking rationally was debating against the Spidey hater, saying this:

"Spider-Man is not a menace! He's a human! And as long as he's human, he's going to make mistakes. It's normal. It can even happen to a superhero. He's done a lot more helping than hurting!"

Maya looked at Peter and noticed his adorable smile. "See?" She said, leaning her head on Peter's shoulder. "I told you."

The hater on TV had nothing to say but constant stutters after the supporter had spoken. Peter placed his hand on Maya's. "Yeah, I suppose you did..."

WOO! That'll do it for this oneshot! I hope you enjoyed!