If Jimin was paying attention, then he probably would have been prepared for what he was about to walk into. Because if he had just looked at the slot right above his own, he'd see that name.

But he didn't.

"Ah, Chim! Someone's looking for you dude!" Jimin's coach called to him as soon as he walked into the large room. The brunette nodded, and put down his things toward the back.

"Are you... Chim?"

Jimin froze, the familiar voice filling him with dread.

"I'm Jung Hoseok, I just- I follow you on Instagram. I-um I like your dancing..." Hobi was a stuttering mess. He can't believe he's actually here! The guy he's been practically crushing on for years, is now right in front of him! He's a little shorter than he expected, but that's fine.

Jimin turned, praying to any god listening to him, that his bully won't recognize him. If they find out how Jimin spends his free time, it'll just make it worst. The studio is supposed to be his safe haven!

Hoseok of course, didn't notice a thing. He was too busy trying not to hyperventilate. "I'm new to the studio, it's pretty cool how we ended up in the same class, right?" Oh god Hoseok is acting like an idiot! Maybe Jungkook was right, he shouldn't have tried to meet Chim in real life.

Jimin knew it wasn't a coincidence, his coach literally told him that Hobi was looking for him. The other looked at the brunette expectantly, so Jimin gulped and flashed him a smile under his mask, pairing it with two thumbs up.

Now to play the avoidance game.

Hopefully Hoseok sucks so that he'll be in the back while Jimin is near the front. But of course with Jimin's luck, when Hoseok went up for demonstration, he was really, really good.

His body moved so fluidly and his facial expression looked so happy to be dancing. He hit every beat right on and so clearly loves what he's doing. If the smaller didn't know who a Hoseok really was, he'd be in awe.

"Impressive!" The coach applauded at the end of the evaluation. "We can put you in the second row, right behind Chiminie and me." The sun must have exploded because Hoseok was ecstatic and Jimin actually died. The coach knew how eager Hoseok was to be with his idol, and he's a good wingman. Too bad he didn't know the truth.

The class lined up in formation to practice one of Jimin's written songs, of course, no one knows that except the staff. To the class, Chim is just a mute prodigy who speaks when necessary. Of course, they respect him for that and never ask questions. The studio was like a miniature family in a way, and right now, family was the most important thing to Chim.

Once the music began, the atmosphere changed as everyone got ready to watch the dance intently. The coach and Chim, or usually just Chim, would demonstrate before they were taught the choreography.

"Caught in a lieee..."

Jimin became a whole new person, hearing his own voice playing over the speaker. At that moment, everyone and everything vanished. His bullies were nonexistent, his parents were still alive, Jungkook still loved him.

Everything felt okay.

Hoseok on the other hand was concentrating on not fanboying, trying to take in as much of the dance as possible.

This was something he wouldn't be seeing on Instagram till probably weeks later! And he's seeing it! Right now! In person! He almost didn't notice the song, he had never heard it before. But it was really good.

From the look of it, none of the other students knew the song either, they just rolled with it. It must be a song produced by someone in the company, the coach?

He didn't really seem like the type to have this... angelic voice. No offense to him of course. Maybe it was Chi-

The song ended before he knew it and the room erupted into applause. Hoseok cursed himself for spacing at towards the end.

Class went by quickly, though for Jimin it felt like eternity. He was about to grab his bag when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning around, his heart sank.

"Is it-would it be okay if we took a picture? My friends are really big fans, they wouldn't believe that I actually met you." God if Jimin wasn't about piss his pants he'd find the bully really cute right now. But Jungkook watching his dancing? He doubts it. Jungkook doesn't even know he dances, he didn't start till he had... left...

Jimin broke out of his angsty moment, realizing that the other was looking at him expectantly. Giving a slow nod, Hoseok smiled. It looked like a puppy given a treat for the first time.

The picture was quick, Jimin smiling under his mask, eyes turning up into their crescent moon shape. That's when Jimin remembered, he was supposed to post something today. Maybe...

Before Hoseok could turn away, Jimin motioned for him to wait. Opening up his phone really quickly he got onto his Instagram app and showed Hobi the photo icon.

And Hobi was literally gonna die for the sixth time that day. Because his fucking idol wants to take a picture. With him. To post on his account.

To those watching, they could try and give him credit for at least trying to be cool about it. But we all know Hoseok was ready to pass out.

Jimin took another picture and captioned it "New member of the family! 😷✌️😍" before posting. It's not like his bullies will find out it's him, but it's better to play it safe for now. Who would expect Park Jimin to want to take a picture with his tormentor?

No one.

The other did seem really excited to meet him, and it did warm Jimin's heart to know he could have that affect on other people. It's one of the reasons he started dancing anyway.

So that day, Jimin went home happy, and so did Hoseok.

Bonus:

"You've got to me fucking with me." Jungkook stared, wide eyed at his friends phone. There was the picture of Hoseok and the boy they all saw only on videos. "Hell yeah Hobi! Get some!" Tae congratulated his friend with a rough smack on the back. The latter was glowing with joy.

"Please tell me you didn't follow him  home." Jungkook sighed, but he too was smiling for him. "I'm not a stalker!" Hoseok scowled playfully.

"Yeah sure." Yoongi said, looking at the newest post by Chim.JM. For some reason, he couldn't get it out of his mind that he's seen that eye smile before. 

Bonus bonus:

The sound Hoseok let out that night was inhuman, ungodly, enough to make the whole damn neighborhood wonder what kind of animal wandered in.

He rolled around on his bed squealing, a loud thud echoed as his dumb butt rolled all the way off the bed.

Cause there on his phone, in his Instagram
App;

Chim.JM has requested to follow you

Accept                                  Decline