Chapter Twenty-Seven

Halayna's P.O.V

I looked at the glass of juice in my hand, I took a sip and looked down at my hands.

"You don't seem yourself today."John said as he looked at me. "Are you sure you are doing okay?"

I looked up at him. "I'm fine, thank you for asking but leave me alone."

"Zabdiel asked me to come to you."John replied as he took the seat next to me. "He thinks we should patch things up."

My eyes brimmed with tears, I let out a sniff and looked at him. "Why did you have to mention it for? I had it buried deep down and you brought it up now it's on my mind every single second."

He placed his hand on my wrist."I didn't mean to, I just thought it was a time to get all secrets out."

"I-I wasn't ready but you pushed it."

"And I didn't meant to, I'm so sorry that this happened but you've found your happiness and focus it all on that."John said as he let out a sigh. "You've got someone so amazing, even better then me please don't push him away."

"I-I won't."

"It's always going to be there but you've gotta just grow from it."

I nodded. "Can't we not mention it anymore though?"

He nodded, he let out a soft chuckle and looked at me with a smile on his face. "I heard your friend Richard snoring, I first thought it was you know."

I let out a fake gasp. "How dare you? You know I love weddings."

"And that you love sleep too."He said as he let out a hearty laugh.

"I swear I'm going to kill you."I said as I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"She finally laughs."Zabdiel said as he appeared in front of me.

I looked at him, he looked at me and smiled. "What?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

He pressed his lips against my forehead and kisses my forehead, he pulled away after a few seconds. "You don't know how happy it gets me when you have a smile on your face."

I let out a soft chuckle."You are the reason of my happiness."

"And that's my cue to leave."John said as he got up, holding his cup tight."I'll see you guys in a bit." Then he left.

Zabdiel sat on the chair next to me, I turned my full body to him.

"You look amazing in that dress."Zabdiel said as he stared at me in awe.

"That's the tenth time you've said that to me today."I said as I let out a soft chuckle.

He brought his lips closer to mine and we kissed, Zabdiel pulled away as soon as Chris appeared in front of us.

"Are you two making out here?"Chris said as he let out a disappointed sigh. "It's wedding, a public place."

Zabdiel wrapped his arms around me and looked at Chris. "Yeah, it's a wedding, where love is celebrated."

"That backfired on your pretty quickly."I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

Chris rolled his eyes and took a sip of his drink, he looked at us. "I feel like I'm going to be single all my life, like I'm not going to find what you guys have."

I let out a sigh and looked at him. "Yes you will, it might not seem it now but you will."

"How?"

"Because mate, it comes when you least expect it."Zabdiel replied with a smile on his face. "I wasn't looking for love when I met your sister nor was she but it happened."

"Fine then."Chris said then took a gulf of his drink. "I hate weddings, I'm going to get myself another drink."

And he left.

"I should probably go after him before he drinks out the whole bar dry."Zabdiel said as he let go of me and got up.

I nodded, then he left. I got up from where I was sitting and walked over to the dessert table.

Richard was there already and invested in a conversation with Beranado Silva.

"May we welcome Mr & Mrs Gabriel de Jesus."The DJ yelled into the microphone as a slow song began to play.

The doors opened, they both walked out with hand in hand and with smiles on their faces.

I wanted to slap that smile off his ugly well goodlooking face for what he did to Hannah.

They went to the dance floor and began their dance, I turned around to the dessert table, unsure of what to get at the moment.

"Halayna?"

I should probably ignore him.

"Halayna, I know you can hear me."He said as he stood right by me.

I let out a sigh and looked up at him. "What do you want Kevin?"

"Make things right with you."He replied with a sincere look on his face.

"Why? I'm leaving after this anyway so you won't see me at all."

"Because you are the mother of my child, wherever he is and I should of supported you in every way but I didn't."Kevin explained as he let out a sigh. "I was being a dog, losing my sister should of opened my eyes instead of closing it more. I'm sorry and I'm sorry about the pain I put you through."

"Okay."

"That's all you are going to say is okay?"

"What do you want me to say kev? Because if you think about it, it's too late for an apology."

"I know it is but I want to try."

"Just try this, leave me alone and make sure I never wonder in your mind."I said as I let out another sigh."Make sure that you leave our son where he is, he's with a good family and he derseve that then us."

He nodded. "I get it."

"Thank you, now leave."

"Will do."

-

"I saw you speaking to him."Zabdiel said as he began to take his blazer off. "I was going to come but you seemed like you handle it."

"I did it."

I walked over to him, I kissed his lips and pulled away for a second. "I don't need him, I don't need anyone, I just need you and I can't wait to start my life with you."

"Same here."

We kissed then it turned into something else