[20] liars

20; liars

STAR

I slowly opened the door to the animal clinic, hearing them inside. I felt how they tensed up when they heard the sound of the bell ringing, and the door opening and closing. I walked towards the back and the first person I saw was Liam. My heart breaks when his eyes made contact with mine.

I then noticed Scott, Theo and Melissa behind him, all of them looking worried when they saw my state. I probably look like a mess, all night I walked around the road, not really knowing where to go. But when my eyes landed on Hayden lying down on a table, looking weak, I can't help but feel anger towards her.

"Star..?" Liam trailed off, slowly walking towards me as he eyes me with worry. Or at least, that's what I think that's in his eyes. "What happened to you?"

"Did you kissed Hayden?"

The question made Liam froze. I can feel the confusion from Scott and Melissa, Hayden was surprised while I felt no emotion from Theo. Liam started stuttering, not knowing what to say, confirming what Theo said to me last night.

"You did." I answered for him, I can barely hear my own voice.

"I'm sorry." Liam tries to grab me but he steps back when flames erupted from my arms.

I can feel my eyes glowing, it felt different again. When I look at Liam, the hurt and pain fuels the anger in me, and when I looked at Hayden, that made me angry even more.

The anger is taking control of me as I walked towards Hayden, grabbing her by the neck and raising her up with flames surrounding my hand. She chokes and cries as I glared up at her. I can feel the others trying to stop
me, but they can't.

They can't stop me.

A roar from Scott made me stop and drop Hayden back onto the table, me stumbling back and the flames vanished. I looked around, confused at what I just did. I wanted to say sorry, but seeing Hayden weakly holding onto Liam as they all stared at me like I'm some kind of monster, made me just turn my back on them and run out of the animal clinic.

I ran and ran until I made it to the woods. And I didn't stopped running. I have no idea why I'm running or where I'm going, but I'm just following my instincts. And as I do, I think of what I just did to Hayden.

What did I just do? Why did I do that?

It's like that night fighting the assassins all over again, but this time, I was conscious. I knew what I was doing, but something was still controlling me.

I came to a hault when my eyes landed on something. My brows furrowed in confusion.

I found the Nemeton.

With the dead Chimeras surrounding it.

But why?

The Nemeton is hard to find, but I found it. Why? I don't really know what I'm doing, but I started walking towards it. I saw Corey's dead body, and the others' dead bodies. I avoided stepping on their bodies and stepped onto the Nemeton, proceeding to sit in the middle of it.