[2] theo raeken

2: theo raeken

STAR

"Why were you crying?"

I looked up from my phone and made contact with Liam's eyes. They were serious, and gently pleading me to tell him the reason why. I've never been the one to tell what I'm feeling, or if I'm hurting. Sometimes I really hate it when people pity me, or show some sympathy, because it makes me feel so weak.

But it's Liam. I always tell him what I'm feeling.

"Um... I saw a little boy crying earlier. He was... he was crying 'cause his mom had a heart attack," I looked away. No, I don't want anyone to see me this vulnurable. "I-It just reminded me of my mom, that's all."

I felt one of Liam's arms snaking around my shoulders, and then he pulled me into his chest. At first, I only sighed, not moving. But I realized that I need this comfort right now, so I leaned my face into his chest and wrapped an arm around his other arm.

"I'm sorry... about your mom." Liam mumbles. "I'm sure she was a great person,"

I don't remember much about her, considering that I was still young when she was alive, but I knew she was great. I knew she loved me, and took great care of me. The only other vivid memory that I have of her was when we all went to a picnic.

My Dad was there, he was the one carrying the basket full of food. Stiles was right beside our Mom, and she was carrying me. I remember the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I remember the bananas, apples, oranges, strawberries, I remember the orange juice that Stiles choked on. Yeah, that was a great memory.

"So, uh, I have to tell you something," Liam softly said, making me pull away to look at him properly. "I'm going to tell Jade about... me and the whole pack. Scott says it's alright to tell her."

I smiled a little. "I think that would be great. She deserves to know, so that she can understand why you've been MIA. If you want, I'll help you tell Jade."

"Tell me what?"

Liam and I turned to look up, seeing Jade looking at us with a smile.

"Hi Jadey." I waved at her.

I glanced at Liam, giving him the "tell her" look. He sighed, standing up and I did as well. "We need to tell you something but—"

"Are you two officially dating now?" Jade cuts Liam off, grinning.

That just made this situation a whole lot more awkward. "Just... just come with us."

——

We went to an empty room, making sure no one saw us come in. I closed the door behind us, as Jade sits down on a hospital bed and Liam paces around.