[3] hayden

3: hayden

STAR

After putting on my favorite grey knitted sweater and grabbing my bag, I went out of my room and went straight to Stiles' room. I opened his door without knocking, and stopped when I heard Stiles let out a shriek.

"Do you even know how to knock?" Stiles shriek, scrambling to grab a shirt and quickly putting it on.

"Oh please, there's nothing magnificent to hide about your body." I playfully rolled my eyes, leaning against the wall. "By the way, Jade knows."

Stiles sat on his bed and looked at me. "About her brother being a werewolf and you being a phoenix and Scott being a true Alpha and—"

"Yes. Everything that you just said, and what you were about to say, we already told her." I groaned.

"Okay, okay. How did she react to it?" Stiles asked, standing up from his bed and grabbing his bag, and his keys. I shrugged. "She's surprisingly okay with it. Handled it maturely and she thought that it was cool."

Stiles nodded. "You want a ride to school?"

I shook my head no as Stiles and I both got out of his room. "Nah, I'm going to meet up with Liam and Mason."

After Stiles and I parted ways, I went to Liam's house.

——

JADE

"Isn't it a bit early for you to leave?" Liam asks me as I started putting my boots on.

"Yeah, but I need to go to the library to get some books. You know, about the whole werewolf thingy." I replied, tying the shoelaces of my boots.

When my mom and stepdad told me that we're gonna be moving to this town, I already knew that it's not normal. I've heard stories and rumors about Beacon Hills, I've heard that something weird is going on in this town, and that it's not innocent at all. There's been multiple records and news about animal attacks and dead bodies being found, and the police didn't really know what happened. Or what's lurking around the dark.

To be honest, knowing that my brother is a werewolf and that his new friends are supernaturals, was okay with me. I've always had this feeling that Scott and his friends aren't just ordinary teenagers. And turns out I was right.

After I left the house, I started looking for the book that I got from the library. It contains some details and folklores about werewolves and other creatures. I found the book, at the same time, a car stopped right beside the sidewalk I'm standing on.

The window rolled down, revealing the guy from last night. "Hey, need a ride?"

I think his name was Theo. His dad was driving the car, and Theo was smiling at me. Not a creepy smile or anything, it was just friendly, I guess.