[18] something wrong

18; something wrong

STAR

There's something wrong with Liam.

He's doing what he did before, he's being distant, he's being cold to me for the past few days. I don't know why and I don't know what I did, but he's been like this ever since the day after Theo got him, Hayden and Jade back. I don't know what to do, I've been trying to talk to him but he would always change the subject or he wouldn't answer my calls, saying he's busy.

Jade on the other hand, she doesn't remember a single thing about what happened or how the Dread Doctors took her. All she can remember was that she woke up in the same place Liam and Hayden were kept, and Theo saving them.

Corey has been avoiding our pack, especially Scott and I understand why, but he can't seem to avoid Mason. I've been teasing the latter about it.

Right now, I'm an hour early for school and Jade wanted to meet me at her house. I asked if Liam was there, but she said he also left early to go somewhere. He didn't say where, he didn't tell me he had plans this early. Liam would always tell me or he would come at my house so we can walk together to school. I miss him, I don't know what's happened to him, why he's being like this, but I miss him.

I knocked on the door of the Dunbar household, and Jade immediately opened it. "Come in."

"Are your parents home?" I asked, wanting to greet Mr. and Mrs. Dunbar a good morning but Jade told me they're at work.

The latter takes me upstairs and to her room, before closing the door with a heavy sigh. I narrowed my eyes at her as I set my bag down to the floor and sat down on her bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, her immediately turning around to face me. Jade has her eyes closed, and she looks panicked, like she's about to freak out any second. "Jade, what happened?"

"Y-You tell me." Was all she said, before she opened her eyes.

The hazel ones I expected were gone and instead, it was replaced by the same color every Beta werewolf has.

Yellow.

"I-I'm one of them..." Jade trailed off as I tried to let this sink in. Of course, why would the Dread Doctors take her for no reason? That's why she couldn't remember a single thing that happened to her, but now I think she does.

"You haven't bleed mercury, right?" I asked immediately. She shook her head, making me sigh in relief. "You're okay, Jade. You're a Chimera, just like Hayden and Corey, but we have to keep an eye out for you. We have to—"

"Please don't tell Liam." Jade immediately cuts me off, her yellow eyes gone and her hazel ones are back to normal. There's tears in them. "I-I don't want him to know about this. Not yet. I'm going to tell him when I'm ready."