[11] love

11: love

STAR

She's coming back...

I gasped awake, sitting up. Then, I buried my face in my palms, tired and overwhelmed.

I can't sleep, ever since I heard those three words, I can't sleep. Every time I do, it haunts me and then wakes me up like it was a nightmare.

This is the third time I've gotten up and it's two in the morning. Sighing, I grabbed a pillow of mine and got out of my bed. Exiting my room, I opened the door to Stiles' room and saw him peacefully asleep with his mouth open, loud snores coming out of it.

Chuckling, I closed the door behind me and stalked towards Stiles' bed. I tapped his arms repeatedly until he finally woke up. And what I meant by "woke up", it was him almost jumping out of his bed and almost kicking me in the process.

"Woah— Star! What the hell?" Stiles groaned, laying back down. "What do you want? Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

I pursed my lips into a thin line. "I can't sleep."

Stiles sighed, looking at me. "Something bothering you? Is it about that boy, Lucas?"

I wanted to tell him that it wasn't that. I wanted to tell him that it was that voice that kept repeating in my head and saying only three words.

But I didn't. It wasn't the right time to talk about it.

So, I nod. "Yeah. I keep getting nightmares."

"Come here."

Stiles scooted away to give me some space on his bed and I laid down next to him, hugging my pillow. The last time I slept in the same bed with my brother was when... when Allison died.

The warmth on Stiles' bed gives me comfort that I can't explain. I felt safe.

"Go to sleep, Star. You need it." Stiles told me. "I also need it."

Chuckling, I closed my eyes. "Goodnight, Stiles."

"Night."

It was around five, Dad wasn't home and so was Stiles. The only person here with me is Liam. When he came here, he was still worried about me, because of what happened at the Sinema.

I hadn't gone back to the Sinema, my boss said I could take a break for a few weeks since Hayden's there to cover my shift. I took the offer because I do need to take a break. What happened at the Sinema really shook my bones to the core, I don't want to feel like that anymore.