[1] promise

1: promise

STAR

"You two just kissed and told each other that you like each other, but no labels?"

Drops of rain continuously poured as Malia and I were walking at the sidewalk. Mr. Tate asked for Malia's assistance, and I wasn't doing anything fun so I thought I'd just help. Today's the senior scribe, which means Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Malia, Kira, and Jade all have to go to the school and write their initials on the book shelves.

Things between Liam and I have been, what word could I describe it..? Distant. Yes, distant's a good word for it. We've been distant ever since we've kissed that night. Oh sure, we talked a little, gave awkward smiles, caught each other looking, had some pack gathering, but it wasn't the same like the old times. I miss Liam, I really do.

I sighed, I wish there was a label. "Yeah... I don't know what happened, we kissed and then the next day, he's avoiding me. I didn't do anything wrong, did I?"

We both said that we like each other, so why is he avoiding me? I just gave him my first kiss, it was his first too, but why had he suddenly became cold? I know nothing about relationships, I haven't been on one myself, and I don't know what I should do. Maybe I should reach him, ask him why he's not talking to me, but I don't wanna get embarrassed if he avoids talking to me.

Sometimes I can be very stubborn and prideful.

Malia shrugged. "I don't know, you tell me,"

And here's one of my best friends, a very blunt one for sure.

"Right, sorry." Malia mumbled when she saw the look I gave her. "Liam's shy, right? You said it yourself. Maybe his shyness is taking over, and he's confused. Both of you haven't been in a relationship before, so like you, he doesn't know what to do too."

That might be true, but I couldn't help but scoff. "So avoiding me is all that he can think of?"

"There are guys who's like that, Twinkle." Malia said. "They're very complicated and hard to understand, but we're harder to understand."

I nodded. I guess she's right, I mean, take it from someone who has experienced this.

I smiled at her. "Thanks, Mal."

Mal and Twinkle are what Malia and I call each other. The nicknames just came up, and we both like it. Only the girls call me Twinkle, because Scott likes calling me Star; Liam and I haven't spoken to each other yet; my new nickname is Twinkle because, you know, my name's Star. Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How creative.

Malia grabbed my hand once we saw her dad, he was with other people and they're trying to lift up a fallen tree. We ran towards them, and exactly when they started lifting the tree up, Malia and I lifted it up using only one hand.