PROLOGUE

I have a secret. Something that I haven't told anybody.

It happened when I was in a coma. When I was laying down on that bed, looking like I'm peacefully asleep. I wasn't. I was trapped in my own body, in my own thoughts, and I thought I was going crazy.

After the bite, I saw something. It might just be in my mind, but I know what I saw.

I saw myself. But it wasn't me.

It was another me, it looked exactly like me. Except for the eyes. Its eyes were dark brown, before turning into black. Completely black.

The other me had flames surrounding my whole body, it was a girl on fire. The flames on her back were shaped into a pair of wings, like Phoenixes. The other me had a dark smirk etched to her lips, the aura surrounding her was red- fury, hatred. Death.

She even talked to me. She told me one thing, one thing that I almost forgot, until she made me remember it.

"I'm going to kill everyone around you, with a body and a face that looks exactly like yours. They won't even know that it's not you. I'm going to kill every single human in Beacon Hills, starting with your father, then Scott... Stiles will go lastly, and I'm going to make you kill your own brother."

It haunts me. She haunts me. Every time, every night, every time I close my eyes. She's coming back, I can feel it. And I don't know if I can stop her.

I don't think I can stop her.

But if killing myself means that she'll never come back, then I'm going to sacrifice myself for everyone.