[14] chimera

14; chimera

STAR

"Hayden's a chimera."

My eyes widened and I almost dropped my phone when Liam said that. He went to the Sinema to pay for his debt to Hayden, I didn't exactly had the choice to stop Liam even if Hayden said that he doesn't need to pay for the shots anymore.

"Did you tell Scott already?" I ask as I descended the stairs.

"I haven't yet. Can you go here? I-I'm going to tell her everything, and I need your help convincing her." Liam said and I nodded, then mentally slapped myself when I remembered that he can't see me.

I got out of the house and closed the door behind me. "Yeah, yeah, sure. I'll be there in 20."

I ran as fast as I can to the direction of the Sinema. Hayden and I are never really close or friends to begin with, but I won't be able to forgive myself if I don't try to help and save Hayden. I know Scott would do the same, Stiles, Liam, Lydia and Malia too. We need to help her and save her from the Dread Doctors, because they get her.

This just makes me wonder what the Dread Doctors are trying to accomplish. What are they doing, or trying to do? If all these chimeras are failures, what happens when the next chimera is the success?

I suddenly worried about Stiles, Jade and Mason. They're humans, defenseless compared to me and our other friends, and to the Dread Doctors. What if the latter decided to hurt one of them, or all three of them?

By thinking of those things, I didn't realized that I was running faster than I usually do. I reached the Sinema faster than I expected. And when I did, I saw Liam lying on the ground, blood coming out from his nose.

"Liam?" I rushed to his side, helping him sit up. "The hell happened to you?"

"She punched me." Liam groaned out, holding his nose. "Go get her. She's freaked out, Star. You have to help her."

After Liam reassured me that he's okay, I got up and ran after the direction Hayden took off. I kept running and running, until I saw her car pulled up on a dark, quiet road.

I ran up to her car, seeing her looking down on her hand. I wasted no time to knock on her window, making her scream and jump in her seat in surprise.

"Star?" She asked, confused.

"Don't freak out." I told her and she just looks at me in confusion. "Turns this car around and drive back."

"No, y-you're like Liam. Y-You're—" she didn't got to finish her sentence, because the radio suddenly turned on.

Our confused gazes landed on the thing. "Your condition improves."

My eyes widened when I heard the Dread Doctor's voice and tried to open the car door. It wouldn't budge. Hayden is confused inside her car. I was going to break open the car, but I heard chittering, heavy footsteps and distorted sounds. When I looked up, I saw the Dread Doctors approaching us.