Chapter Sixteen - Commitment Dilemma

From ancient times men wanted to relate,

That is why you see them investigate

One another, despite their respect and wit

So don't be suprized when you see them do it

     (Morning. It was hardly past eight o'clock when Sean woke up. The sky was clouded, so clouded that the sun's rays were rendered obsolete. Sean slowly stepped on the hallway and smoothly opened his bedroom door to check on Lily. The latter was still sleeping while hugging her pillow. The first closed the door with a slight creaking sound and headed for the bathroom. In there, Sean washed his hands while thinking of what happened the previous night between him and the amnesiac woman.

"My-I'm happily married. This can't be happening to me. I just want to go on with my life without getting myself involved in all sort of trouble." He thought. Looking in the mirror, he saw that the marks of Lily's lips were printed on his, but not completely. Some of it got close to his nose and chin. Probably from when he pulled out. He immediately started washing his face.

"No, no, no!" He sighed. "It was a bad idea to go to that damned masquerade party. Actually," he stopped washing his face while looking in the mirror. The droplets of water that reached his hair were now going down his face "if I think better about the party, it was because of Ion Teodorescu that I even know Lily's name; the kiss wasn't that bad, it's just... Gah! I can't breathe in this small place!" He opened up the bathroom window. "Jason Black's sister, huh?" He resumed washing his face while occasionally looking in the mirror. "What kind of brother lets his sister stay at a stranger's place? Then again, maybe they had a fight. Jason didn't seem pleased with seeing her. He looked a little surprised at first, but then he turned back to that pessimistic stare of his. What's his problem anyways...? Wait, he lives in Aruma Town, could it be that Lily also is from there? It wouldn't hurt to go there and find out." Sean finished washing his face and reached for a towel to wipe it.

"So be it. I'll try again to report Ariana's missing at the police station, and then we'll go back to Baste Town. After we are done there, we'll go to Aruma Town. I hope this will work... I don't want to feel guiltier than I already am." He sighed again.

Sean exited the bathroom and headed for the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. In the meantime, Lily woke up with a smile on her face. A slight giggle escaped her mouth just thinking about the kiss she had experienced. She slowly changed from her clothes and headed for the bathroom. She felt a little dizzy, but it was nothing serious. Her hair was a mess, but it did not bother her. The comb was right next to the sink, and she made best use of it while humming the symphonic music from the party. Once done, Lily started playing with her hair, holding it together in a ponytail or trying to braid it. She suddenly stopped from experimenting and decided to leave her hairstyle as it was. It took her a few minutes, but she managed to fix her looks. She got out of the bathroom thinking of checking on Sean, to see if he was still sleeping, but spotting him in the kitchen answered her question.)

'Good morning.' I said. One quick glance at her, which was all I could make. She gave me a warm smile, making me feel even guiltier.

'Morning, Sean.' She replied while taking a seat. 'What's for today's breakfast?'

'E-everything you see on the table: jam, cheese, tomatoes, bread and tea. Why? Do you want something else?'

'No, no. its fine, its fine.' I could feel the tone of her voice was more - how shall I say? - Her voice was more mellifluous, more relaxed than before. 'If that's for breakfast, then so be it. I have nothing against it.'