Chapter Two - Welcome To The Show

I feel like a freak, this world is a circus

Just trying to find myself and my purpose

But nothing's much sadder than tears of a clown

When there's much less than no one around

   We arrived at noon in the town. There weren't too many people walking outside. Most of them stayed indoors occupying their time by reading books or watching television. I could observe them through their houses' windows. (He was excited and thrilled to see so many people after spending days alone in the castle and felt fascinated by such activities). As we passed by several houses, I saw a woman standing in front of a dark blue tent decorated with various simbols. The woman was wearing a black robe and had a hood on to cover most of her face. I could only see a few locks of grey hair hanging down.

"You're looking for a black-haired woman with strange eyes. Am I wrong?" She said as I was passing in front of her. When hearing that, I stopped moving. The other three weren't paying much attention as they were talking about how they could improve their performances. I questioned myself surprised by what she said. "How did she find out? Does she know where I can find her? Can she tell me who I am?" whispered my little grey cells.

"How did you know that?" I asked. "It's a fortune teller's job to know her clients' concerns" she replied, "I can tell you more, but you'll have to come in my tent first".  "O...Ok. Hold on" I said, then ran to my friends who were continuing their walk and told them to go on without me, that I would catch up. Bruce told me where the circus was just in case I would lost their tracks, right next to the library.

Afterwards, I joined the woman inside her tent. She took her hood off and told me to sit at the table. One thing caught my attention: the uniqueness of her eyes. The right was brown and the left, green. They seemed lifeless, like everything there was to be seen passed in front of them. In the middle of the table there was a deck of cards with an unusual back drawing. (In the middle of the card back there was a hexagram with three circles inside. Around it there were 12 different circles each containing a zodiacal sign. In the background there were criss-crossed lines colored in violet and yellow)

  "Since you aren't from around here I'll explain to you the process. You see these? They aren't ordinary playing cards. They are known as Tarot cards. Divided in Major Arcanes and Minor Arcanes, I will use them to read your past, present and future. Shall we?" she asked. "Yes, please. Do whatever you need to do. I'm curious of your sayings." I answered. "Ok." She shuffled the cards then spread them all across the table. She closed her eyes and slowly moved one hand towards some of them. In this time I could see a part of the bracelet she was wearing. I could only see "NA" written on it since the rest was covered by her robe. She picked up 3 cards and asked me to collect the rest, then place them back in the deck.

"I'll start with this one: The Magician. This card represents your past. It tells me that you were a very creative person with self confidence and originality and that something happened to you, changing your state of mind...the amnesia. 

The next one is: The Wheel of Fortune, this card represents your present. You are now changing, evolving to a higher self. Also, you are flowing in an ocean of mystery, waiting to reach the land of answers. Keep your head up; you might pass it by mistake. 

And your card that represents the future is: The Lovers. You will meet someone you wished for a long time. You'll feel like you knew her way before actually meeting. That is the special bond only few people get to experiment. All your answers will come through her...It's the woman I mentioned...I think"