Chapter Seven - One More Search

This little key unlocks a door,

This little door unlock a floor,

Wonder what there is to see?

A place fit for the likes of thee

     (Sean entered his flat and switched on the lights. Turning right immediately after entering was the living room, a spacious and well decorated place meant to welcome the guests. Next to it was the kitchen, a little more compact than the previous. Turning left and passing it, you would walk on the hallway until reaching the end. On one side was the bedroom, with a big bed and furniture and on the other side were 3 armoires - 2 of them were placed next to each other, followed by the bathroom door, followed by the third armoire. Now...how could a writer concentrate on work without a workroom? That chamber was placed right at the end of the hallway, having a desk covered in papers and several bookshelves.)

I shouted "Ariana! Are you here?" and waited a couple seconds to get an answer. After hearing only silence for a minute or so, I stepped further in the flat and went in the living room, making sure to turn on the lights in each place I entered. No one was in there, just two armchairs, a couch, a TV, pictures of us...some plants that needed water and furniture. I checked the kitchen and the bathroom, no one. There were two more rooms to explore: the bedroom and one more. Entering the first, I saw an empty bed, curtains pulled and really nice furniture. On a nightstand were two rings engraved with "S & A" and "A & S" in a small box next to a picture of my wife and myself. "S & A...as in Sean and Ariana? Guess these must be our wedding rings. Why wasn't I wearing mine? Hm, maybe I forgot to put it on. Those were my thoughts. Proceeding with the final room, this clearly was unoccupied by someone. It looked like a workroom...my workroom. I could tell that by the two books on the desk entitled "Hanged Man" and "Murder Figure" Both had my name as author.

(Before exploring any further, Sean remembered that he had to call Chuck. It was kinda late for that. It was dark outside. He went to the hallway where a phone was placed, took the paper out of his pocket and dialed the number on it)

"Uhh who is it? It's 11:30. This better be good!" Chuck grumbled into the phone.

"Um, Chuck...It's me, sorry for calling so late. I just got home."

"Oh it's you Sean. Sorry, I thought it was one of my associates with another brick that fell on their head named by them an 'idea'. I swear this isn't how I visualized my ideal job...Sorry, just needed to get that out. So is Ariana there?"

"No, I checked every room but she isn't in any of them. Maybe she's at her parents' house?"

"Yeah, probably...Listen, buddy. You went through a lot lately and I think it would be for the best to relax, take a break, maybe drink some tea and cool off. I'm sure Ariana will return on her own and things will go back to normal."

"...Are you sure? I feel like going there to see her faster. There are still holes that I need to fill and as you said, she might know something."

"I was just giving a friendly advice, not forcing you or anything...Just don't overdo it. You need some R&R Therapy."

"R&R? What is that?"

"Rest and Recovery, my friend. Rest and Recovery. We all need it at some point, and listen to the specialist: you need it."