Chapter Four - Nevermore

Be that word their sign of parting

For came time to say: Departing

A mystery it all persist to be

What will happen next to thee?

    (Sean and Ariana travelled where the address on the letter took them to. They continued their walk until night fell. Luckily soon after, they found a motel to stay at. Once rested, they should resume the walk.)

"This room is really nice don't you think, honey?"

"Yes. However, it's still bugging me, you know? That woman Ana Rai..." 

"Don't worry so much, darling. Tomorrow we will find out. The town is nearby, remember? We asked the owner." She said hugging me from behind and resting her head on my neck.

"Yeah, you're right...It feels good to be in your warm embrace again, dear." 

"Can we stay like this for a while then? It's been so long since we last spent this sort of time together...I missed you."

"I-I'm sorry I can't say the same. Until we met, I didn't knew who you were...all thanks to that damned amnesia."

"It's ok, darling. I understand what you've been through."

(Silence spread between the two. They neither moved nor talked, being occupied with enjoying their moment of togetherness. It was only after several minutes that Sean spoke, and broke the comforting silence.)

"Dear, I really hate saying this...But don't you want to go rest? It's getting late, we don't want to be tired tomorrow while we head for the town."

"Ok, darling. We didn't get the chance at the castle so...do you want to sleep together?" She asked me enthusiastically. 

"S-sure, if you want to." I answered in a shy tone.

She stood on her toes and kissed my cheek, then proceeded to grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the bed (Having only two small beds, they placed them together). "Let's not waste this beautiful night, honey."

(They slept holding hands, and stayed as until morning. When Sean opened his eyes, he saw her giving him a look that gave him comfort and joy. He thought that he was lucky to have Ariana as his wife. If only he knew what was to happen.) We left the first thing in the morning. I felt eager to get that diary and happy that Ariana was there with me. I did't think anyone else would be a better companion at that time. We arrived in the town at noon. It was strange because no one was outside and I couldn't see any people throughout the windows of the houses. I checked to see if we were at the right place, and confirmed it in a few seconds, see as there was a sign with the town name on it. All that remained to do was go to the house with the respective address. We found it to be the last one at the end of the town.

  (The building had two floors connected to each other through a staircase. There were two big rooms with barely any furniture and a restroom on the first one. On the second level were three smaller rooms fairly decorated.) Deciding to split so we could cover more ground, I took the first floor and Ariana the second.

I searched the floor, It's hallways and  rooms, But found nothing. "Hopefully, she has more luck than me." I said to myself out loud. 

As if she heard me, I soon heard, her shout from above, "Honey, found it!" 

"Good job dear! I'm coming to see it." I responded and started to walk up the staircase. Not one step was made before she released a scream. Alerted by the sound, I rushed  towards where I heard it and checked the room. Ariana was in none of them and the diary was placed open upside down on the floor.

"Um, dear, if this is a prank, I-I admit you scared me, come out now..." I said , but got no response.

"Guess she'll come out when she gets bored. Anyways..." I picked up the diary to see its content. Some pages were torn and I could only understand a few passages. 

'He was lonely, so every time we were together he did all he could to make it pleasurable. Heck, he was such a good storyteller! Sometimes, he would come up with his own stories when he ran out of already known ones. Without surprise, he became a writer.' I flipped to another page where only some was understandable, 'This is the best day of my life! He proposed to me! To me! I'm so happy!"(A smiley face was drawn next to it with lots of hearts), 'I gave him a fake name so he wouldn't find out...I feel so bad for doing it, but I had no choice', and on a half torn sheet close to the end were the words 'Mr Jones used me.'

Between two pages of the diary was a drawing. When I took it out I saw-

  (Sean suddenly got hit in the head from behind with something hard. Soon after, he regained consciousness, spread out on his bed...in that same room he initially woke up in, but this time he had the drawing in his hand) 

"W-Where am I? Why does my head hurt?" (He sat a few seconds silent.)

"Who am I? And what's with this paper I'm holding?" (Once looking at it, he saw half of a woman he thought was familiar. Slowly the word "Ariana" came to his mind, but the woman on the other half remained unknown, like the rest of his memory)