11

~(Y/N) POV~The taste of the meal was good

~(Y/N) POV~
The taste of the meal was good. Hoseok's dad doesn't seem like that bad of a person.

However— Hoseok seems to be having trouble with his dad being in the same room as him, the air is thick with tension and it makes it for a very uncomfortable place to be, especially with the noise of the chewing. It was very- awkward.

"(Y/N)— can you go ahead to the car?" I hear Hoseok say, I look up.

"I'd like to have conversation with my dad." He narrows his eyes to his dad, I slowly stand up. "Ah sure— oh-!" He tossed me his keys quickly, not even giving me time to blink.

I put on my shoes at the door, walking out and making sure the heavy white door shut behind me.

-Jung Hoseok POV-
Once I hear the door shut I quickly turn my head fully to my dad.

"Dad why? Why do you always have to come in like this?" I ask, and he stiffens. "Son—" "No dad, it's always like this with you! You're always deciding everything for me! What if I don't want to marry her huh?! Did you even consider how I would feel?! How about how she would feel about it!? What if she doesn't want to marry me?! What if she wants to marry someone else-!?"

My dad looks at me with a smile plastered on his face.

"You're so much like your mother." He says, and I stand up straight.

"Don't change the subject to her!" I say and he shakes his head.

"I'm not my son, Your mother was like an open book, so are you." He says and I feel confused. "What are you talking about?" I look at him.

It wasn't until now, that I had realized how old my dad has gotten.

His wrinkles were more apparent, his complexion was dull while he slouched, his suit seemingly bigger than usual— probably from weight loss.

"You both act only out of emotion, and you're very strong about it. You guys only would care about how others feel if you cared about them, and lastly— you both think you're good at hiding things, but you're not." He looks at me in the eyes.

After those words leave his mouth I feel my hands start to shake line a rattle in a toddlers hands, gulping my eyes dart anywhere but my fathers face.

Had he found out?

Does he know what I do?

Is he going to disown me now?

Does he hate me?

Have I lost every bit of progress I've made with him?

"I know son." He says and I feel my knees go weak, about to buckle to the floor into a deep apology, getting me ready to start crying to him 'I'm sorry I'll do better I promise' like I would when I was a child.

"I can tell you like her a lot." He smiles.

All stress is relieved and I let my breath go.

"Son are you ok? You're pale." He says, I quickly nod my head.

"I'm sure it looks like that with the lighting... I should get going." I walk to the door, slipping on my shoes quickly.

I walk outside of my house, letting the door slam behind me, fixing my tie around my neck and straightening out the suit on my body.

I can see (Y/N) and my driver standing— almost leaning on my car as they speak to each other.

"You both act only out of emotion."

My dads words ring in my head and I stiffen.

'I'll show you dad.' I think to myself as I walk to them, my driver seems to get scared.

I give him my best smile.

"May I have the pleasure of joining the conversation?" I ask slowly, feeling a pain in my body with every word that rolls itself from my mouth.

Both (Y/N) and my driver give each other a glance of surprise and I feel a little offended— about to say something I stop myself.

I am calm.

I am controlled.

I am a neutral human being.

I can do this.

"We were just finished talking actually..." The driver mutters out quickly and I suck in a breath.

"Ok then, let's all get something to eat." I smile at them painfully.

"But didn't we just—"

"Let's eat!" I interrupt (Y/N) and pull her inside the car with me.

I am not controlled because I am the controller.
##################
I hope you enjoyed the chapter since I have been working SO LONG on it

Comment

Vote

🤑
YourShookJams