"He's really nice. He told me that just because you couldn't make it to the game doesn't mean you don't love me. He said that I'm the most important person in your life....Am I?"

"Of course you are baby," I whispered.

"Good! He's a great coach! He let me play a lot and everything."

"That's great baby," I said. I turned to Paul. Could he have told him that Don was my son?

"I told him nothing," He said as if he could read my mind.

I nodded and kept staring at the picture. I could faintly hear Don tell me everything about the game, I just couldn't seem to concentrate.

When I finally looked up, we were already parked in front of our apartments. Paul got out and went to pick up Don, who had apparently fallen asleep.

"He's not a bad guy," Paul said.

"Who?"

"You know who."

"Oh." I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"He's a great guy. He just can't seem to find the right way to approach you," he said chuckling, "but you should give him a chance."

"But-"

"But nothing. I know he seems aggressive, but he really isn't. He's just been waiting for you for so long that now that you're here he doesn't know how to react, or act for that matter."

"What do you mean waiting for me? I just met him when I moved here."

"Trust me," he said with pleading eyes.

"I'll think about it," I said.

"Thank you."

"That's not a yes."

"True. But it's better than a no," he said smiling once more.

"Yea, yea. Come on! Let's get Don to bed."

"Yes ma'am."

Vincent POV

Today was the championship game. After I got back, I started training the kids again to get them back in shape for the game. But I always made it fun for them, so they always thought it was a fun game.

I've always been great with kids. I can't wait to have a few of my own. That thought brought her back on my mind. The only woman I want to have children with, Tory. I've been keeping an eye on her lately, but I'm pretty sure she hasn't noticed me. She's gone on with her life as if I wasn't important. It bothers me. I know she's human and she probably doesn't feel the pull towards me as I feel towards her, but still there should be something by now. Tom has calmed me down a little and I like having him around her, now that he knows that she's mine, one of the strongest wolves in my pack is always protecting my mate.

I need to get her out of my head, at least for the next few hours, I need to have a clear head for the game. I was on the field when the first group of kids started arriving with their parents.

One of the first to arrive was one of the new members of the team, Donovan. To my surprise it was Paul who brought him, once again. He was always bringing him and has never given me an explanation. I wasn't aware that he had found his mate and had a child.

"Hey Paul!" I called. He turned and walked towards me.

"Hey Vincent. How's it been since you got back?"

"It's been good. Trying to convince her to accept me."

"Yea I heard. Sorry about that."

"It's okay. What about you? You moved out while I was gone."

"Yea I did," he said simply.

"You're not going to give me a reason?"

"Not now. Sorry man."

"Okay," I said. He didn't look like he wanted to be pushed on the matter. I looked down to see Donovan trying to follow the conversation. "Hey little man."

"Hi coach," he said sadly.

"What's wrong?" I asked bending down to his level.

"My mommy can't come to the big game today," he said with big tears in his eyes.

"And why is that?"

"Cuz she has to work. She always has to work!"

"Hmm. But she's working so hard for you to have everything you need. You know that right?"

"Yea," he mumbled.

"She might not be able to come to the game today, but you should always remember that she loves you," I told him as I looked at Paul.

"Are you sure?" he asked me timidly.

"You are the most important person in your mother's life. She will always love you no matter what."

"Okay," he said, finally smiling.

"Good now go get ready with the others."

He nodded and ran off. "Thanks," Paul said.

"Are you ever going to tell me who the mother is?"

"Maybe," he said as he walked away. As informative as ever.

I went over to the team and got them stretching and ready for the game. And soon enough the game began. They were all great! I made sure everyone played. I do have a few young wolves on the team, and it would be unfair to everyone if they were the only ones to play. Paul's boy, Donovan, surprised me the most. He smelled human, yet the way he played made it clear that he was not. He was one of the youngest in the group, yet he was one of the strongest and fastest players. That boy is going to be one hell of a wolf when he gets older.

All the kids played at their best and it payed off. We won the championship! I am so proud of my team. If only a pup of my own was on the team as well.