Speed Trapped

Jasmyn's POV

All of us are hanging in the lab, except Mom. Adam and Leo are at one of Davenport's desks, doing what? I have no idea. Davenport is doing his thing, and Bree, Chase, and I are sitting at one of Davenport's circular glass tables.

Bree is brushing her hair, and I'm currently drawing a new design for a dress. Hmm, simple, yet elegant.

Chase smiles at us, "Tonight's the night! The new frozen yogurt shop is opening! Fifty-two flavors and four of them are sugar-free!"

Bree gives him a strange face, and he grumbles, "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time you discovered nail polish."

She looks at her manicured nails and shrugs.

I raise my eyebrows, "48 FLAVORS?! That's the best thing that's happened since sliced bread!"

Chase scrunches his eyebrows, "I said 52."

I wave him off, "Yeah, but, if 4 of them are sugar free, they don't count in my book."

Adam walks up to us ,"I've heard of those yogurt places. They get you by charging extra for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own."

He opens his jacket to reveal a bunch of baggies, filled with candy, stapled to his jacket from the inside.

He smirks, "You don't even wanna know what's in my pants."

As he says this, he hits his thigh, making him hiss in pain, "Aah! Ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!"

Davenport shakes his head, "Sorry, you guys are coming home straight after school. So no flavors, no froyo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies."

I sigh in disappointment and shake my head at Davenport.

"Bros, peeps, and homies? Don't. Just no." Bree says holding her hand up at him.

Leo approaches him, "What's got you so grouchy? They run out of human footstools at the rich-guy club?"

Davenport motions around to the lab, "Did you forget your little buddy Marcus found the lab the other day? He could've discovered our bionic secret."

Chase follows Bree, as she laughs slightly and stands up, "Oh! Okay, so it's our fault that your million-dollar smart home system didn't stop him?"

I stand up next to Leo, and Eddie pops up on the screen, "Don't go there, supergirl. I was getting my beauty sleep. Something you might want to look into."

My jaw drops slightly.

"Look, it doesn't matter whose fault it was, even though some people were supposed to be watching him." Davenport says and points at Leo and I as if we weren't supposed to notice.

"Well, technically someone pulled some people away, letting Marcus roam free." Leo sasses back.

I nod in approval and give him a low high five. Sometimes he does good.

Adam points confused, "Guys, I think you're talking about each other."

Davenport shakes his head, "Bottom line, I am keeping a tighter leash on you three."

He turns to us, "And, Leo and Jasmyn, because I can't always be there, you guys have to step it up and do a better job of watching out for them."

Ugh, sounds like a lot of work.

"No problem, Big D. We may have let one goon get too close, but we won't let any more Marcuses slip through the cracks. From now on, you can call us the enforcers!" Leo says doing a superhero pose at the end.