Mission: Space

Jasmyn's POV

I yawn, as I make my way downstairs from history class with Adam. Once we reach the others, who were already downstairs, Adam smiles, "Oh, I love history class! Someone is always leaving me a little piece of gum stuck under my desk."

Chase cringes, "Adam, please tell me you didn't."

As he gets his sentence out, Adam blows a bubble with the gum that was in his mouth.

Ok, that's kind of disgusting.

Bree nods quickly, "He did. He totally did. Mm-hmm."

"Why didn't you stop him?" Leo questions me.

"In my defense, I couldn't."

They all give me a look, and I shrug, "No, I literally couldn't I was taking a nap."

They shake their heads at me except Adam who nods.

Leo looks past us all and spots something, "Oh. Guys, don't look now, but here comes that guy none of us like...Marcus."

Of course they all ignore him and turn anyway, "M-Dog!" We all yell simultaneously, but Leo of course.

"Hey, hey!" Bree says.

Adam juts his head up, "What's up!"

I wave, "Hey, Marcus!"

I really don't like this guy.

Leo's eyes widen, and he pushes us back, "Wait! Hold the phone! Hold the phone, hold the freaky-deaky phone. 'M-dog'?" He questions.

Chase nods, "Yeah. Bros call each other by nicknames."

Leo frowns, "Well, I'm your actual bro and you don't call me by a nickname."

"Actually, we do. We just choose not to do it in your presence...Mr. Tiny Mclittlestein." Adam says patting Leo on the head.

"Hey, Marcus, what are you up to this weekend?" Chase asks.

"My dad's out of town, so I'll be stuck home alone with my grandma," Marcus answers.

Leo jumps up and points at Marcus. "Aha! You said your grandma was dead."

Everyone looks at him waiting for him to respond.

He fakes being sad, "The other grandma. But, thanks for reminding me. Oh, I wish I could stay with you guys for the weekend."

This is kid is something else.

Leo scoffs and approaches Marcus, "And, I wish you weren't a spastic, sociopath with abandonment issues."

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!

"Leo, give it a rest." Chase scolds.

"Chase, none of us are safe until the FBI responds to my request for a background check on this 'M-Dog'", Leo mocks.

Chase rolls his eyes, "Look, Marcus, I'm sure you can stay with us. I'll just check with Mr. Davenport."

Marcus scrunches his brows, "You call your dad 'Mr. Davenport'?"

Chase chuckles nervously, "Uh, no. Pssh. No. But, you do, and I wanted to make sure you knew who I was talking about."

Marcus smiles, as the bell rings. "Okay. Cool. Thanks, guys."

He leaves, and two football players walk by throwing the ball back and forth.

One of them throws off a bit, and it almost hits Bree in the head, "Bree, watch out!" Chase yells.