Death Spiral Smackdown

Jasmyn's POV

Adam, Leo, and I are currently standing in gym class awaiting what Principal Perry has to show everyone.

"Prepare yourselves Dingos. It's time for my annual fitness challenge week!" Perry begins.

We look at each other in confusion.

"This year, forget about push-ups and sit-ups, it's time for bruises, sprains, and freak accidents." Perry says moving toward the gigantic thing covered with a sheet in the gym. "I present the 'Death Spiral Smackdown'!"

She presses a button on her remote that lifts the sheet, and everyone is met with smoke and a spiral.

Leo and Adam look at each other shocked. I shrug.

"Well, say what you will about her, but she knows how to bring the sizzle." Adam says to me and Leo.

Leo stares at it, "Why do you call it the death spiral? It doesn't look so scary to me."

Perry raises her eyebrows "Why don't I have Vice Principal Copper demonstrate for you?" She grabs Mr. Copper by his shirt and drags him to the spiral.

Once he's on, she presses another button on her remote, and the death spiral starts spinning.

Mr. Copper falls straight on his back, and he sits up and starts crawling on his hands and knees.

As the spiral gets faster and faster, he flies off, hitting a couple of metal chairs on his fall.

Everyone winces.

"It's not broken! Walk it off!" Perry yells at him.

Adam walks up onto the outside of the spiral towards Perry, "Wait, so how does it work?"

"You wrestle your opponent, as it spins you silly. It'll test your strength, reflexes, and ability to hold your bladder against centripetal force!"

Adam awkwardly smiles at her.

Leo's friend, Gordo, walks up to him, and I join Adam.

"If you have the guts, partner up, and choose carefully. Your survival depends on the decision you make, and there are very few good options." Perry says laughing towards the end.

Adam turns to me, "So, what's our plan?" 

I furrow my brows, "What?"

"What's our plan to win?"

I laugh, "Adam you didn't even ask me if I wanted to be your partner."

"Oh...I assumed we were..."

I smile, waiting for him to finish.

"So, do you wanna be partners?"

"Ha! That's funny!" I laugh.

"What is funny?" Adam asks.

"That you think I'm doing this. I only do things in gym class that I enjoy, and I don't enjoy flying off of a spiral to my death."

"Aww, come on. I wouldn't let you die, and, besides it'll be fun."

I chuckle, "Sorry, Adam. Maybe the next life or death situation."

"Fine." Adam grumbles. He turns away from me pouting with his arms crossed.

"You're not mad at me right?" I smile.

He ignores me, so I poke his stomach.

"Adam...." I say, as I continue poking him.

He slowly starts smiling and begins laughing.