Concert In A Can

Jasmyn's POV

"Hey, peeps." Leo says, as we walk up to Adam, Chase, and some random guy.

"What's the deal-io?" I follow up trying to start a conversation with said random kid.

"Hi, I'm Marcus." He says smiling and sticking his hand out to me and Leo.

Leo scrunches his eyebrows, "I know. We have gym together....and study hall....and also chemistry....We're lab partners."

Marcus looks around awkwardly, "Oh...I did not know that."

"Well, that's just sad...and awkward" I say trying not to laugh.

I smile at Marcus and take his hand, "Nice to meet you Marcus."

Marcus nods at me and turns to Chase, "Chase, you ever play guitar?"

I just noticed he had a guitar. Who brings that to school?

"No, but I've always wanted to." Chase shrugs.

Leo smiles, "Well, I'm a jammer as well. My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling."

"Leo, your mom said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed."

I chuckle, "That did indeed happen."

"I passed it." Leo defends.

"Here, Chase. You want to give it a go?" Marcus suggests holding the guitar out to Chase.

"Well, yeah. Sure. Why not?" Chase says taking the guitar from him.

He begins playing as if he'd been practicing for years and ends on the floor.

"Uh, what do you know? Beginner's luck. Whoo-hoo!" Chase says quickly when he notices all of our facial expressions.

We all look at each other and run.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, apparently, Marcus didn't care at all about Chase's weird ability to play the guitar with no experience because he is now sitting with me, Adam, and Chase at lunch. And, if you ask me, he seems pretty clingy.

He smiles at us, "So, me and my dad moved around a lot. I was homeschooled for most of my life."

Adam gasps, "No way! So were we! We are so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?"

"Anyway, that's a pretty sweet guitar, Marcus." Chase compliments.

"Yeah, and you're a natural, bro! Guys! We should start a band!" Marcus suggests.

What the heck? Maybe I was right about him being clingy.

Adam starts drumming on the table with his chopsticks, don't ask me where he got them, in perfect beat, "Oh, that's a great idea! But what would I play? Oh, I got it!"

Adam raises his hands up then scratches his head with the sticks, "No, I don't got it."

Marcus chuckles, "I think you're gonna be our drummer, Adam."

"Hmm, interesting choice. I had been pondering the French horn."

Marcus turns to me, "What instruments do you know how to play?"

"I can play the drums and piano, but I prefer not to form or join bands with people I just met."

Marcus looks at me slightly offended, and I shrug eating my sandwich.

Leo walks up to our table and sits next to me with his tray.

Chase smiles at him, "Hey, Leo, guess what? Marcus and Adam and I are forming a band!"