Dude, Where's My Lab

Jasmyn's POV

Currently standing in the lab with everyone except Mom.

Adam, Bree, and Chase have these things around their necks that Davenport put on them.

"Okay, now we'll check your bionic reflexes. First the left arm." Davenport says clicking some buttons that make their left arm go up.

Adam and Bree yell in pain, as this causes them to be hit in the face.

Davenport nods, "Okay, now the right arm."

"Ohh!" Adam and, this time, Chase groan.

"Oh, I hate this game!" Adam yells frustrated from getting hit twice.

Davenport chuckles, "Okay, Adam. Well, you can sit this one out. I'll just do Bree and Chase."

Adam sighs in relief but yells in pain again, as Davenport makes Bree and Chase hit Adam.

"Wow, this is fun." I say sarcastically.

Leo turns to Davenport, "Come on, Big D, we're on a vacation! Let's hit the beach, slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!"

"Leo! No one wants to see that!" I say abruptly.

Davenport looks at me slightly offended then turns to Leo, "Not now, Leo. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right, guys?" He finishes just as Mom walks in with drinks and snacks.

"Good times." Adam says.

"A blast." Chase mumbles.

"Okay, are we done here? I wanna go be normal for a while!" Bree says taking of her neck brace and throwing it towards us.

It hits Davenport's things making it spark, which then causes Mom to drop the drinks and the snacks.

"Man, I was really looking forward to that." I grumble.

"Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding, or oozing around here? Ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment." Mom rants.

Davenport's places his hands on Mom's arms, "I'm sorry, honey. You know Maybe-maybe Leo's right. Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach. We'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech-free."

Everyone smiles at each other excitedly and begins cleaning up the mess.

"That is exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?" Mom asks.

"Of course. You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius." Davenport says drifting away in his thoughts.

Leo stands up with the bowl of floor food, "Wow, Big D it's really nice of you to blow off work for my mom."

I nod in agreement with Leo.

"Well, you know, guys, now and then, everybody needs a little peace and-" Davenport begins to say but is interrupted by a loud alarm.

"-Quiet!" He finishes.

Chase's eyes widen, "It's the early warning satellite system."

Davenport looks at his desk, "It's detecting a giant solar flare. When that thing hits the atmosphere, it'll cause massive power failures and a total blackout of satellite communications."

Leo nods, "Okay, I should tell my mom we're not going to the beach, then."

Davenport quickly stops him, "No, no, no, no. Don't tell your mom a thing about this."