Chapter 18

Ashley's POV

When we arrived in the parking lot of Ihop I saw cameron reach over to the glove compartment on the passenger side of the car. He pulled out a brown paper bag.

"Here everyone take on of these." He said as he pulled out a few pairs of plastic black sunglasses.

"Oh, and put your hoods up!" Nash said.

"Wait can I ask why?" Shay said.

"Fangirls could be outside." Cameron, Nash, and Hayes said in sync.

As we got out of the car, I decided it would be fun to act gangster and walk slow and put my head up high. This ended up being a bad decision on my part because I tripped on a crack in the cement and almost fell fast first into the concrete. Luckily my reflexes kicked in and I caught myself. Hayes burst out laughing, as my face flushed pink.

"Oh....my....god....sooo....funny..." I said in between fits of laughter.

"Shutup jerk!" I said as I punched his arm playfully.

"You love me!" He replied winking.

"You wish!" I said rolling my eyes.

"I do." He mumbled.

I looked at him and then, we had made it to the restaurant doors so I just brushed it off. We took off our hoods and glasses and returned to looking normal.

"Table for five please." Shay smiled to the waitress who's nametag ready 'Candice.'

"Booth or Table?" She replied smirking cockily.

"Booth please..." Shay said as her face dropped slowly.

"Coming right up. Follow me!" She said winking at Nash.

"What a bitch." I whispered to nobody in particular, but I guess Hayes heard me.

"Agreed." He laughed quietly.

As we walked up to the table the waitress sat down four menu's. Then Hayes, Cameron, and Nash sat down. Just as we were about to sit down, the waitress slide into the booth and smirked.

"I'm on my lunch break. You dont mind if I sit you you handsome guys? Do you? As for you two sluts, there's a table over on the other side of the restaurant where another waitress can seat you." She smirked and laughed obnoxiously.

My jaw pretty much dropped to the floor and my face turned red with rage. I knew this wasnt going to end well but Im not going to let her sit there and insult my best friend and I.

"Okay listen here you snobby whore. If you dont mind, My best friend and I would like to sit down at a nice morning dinner, with my stepbrother, and his two best friends. I dont know who you think you are but lets get one thing straight. There was a difference between beauty and the beast. If you think you can go around hitting on boys thinking you're the beauty...I think you don't notice you're an ugly beast." I said smirking as I grabbed her arm and yanked her out of the booth.

I stretched out my arms gesturing for Sharanda to take a seat. Then I scooted into the booth. I saw another waitress walk by and I motioned for her to come to our table.

"Excuse me miss, but this other girl insulted me and is harassing my friends. I would really appreciate it if we could get a new server as soon as possible so she doenst ruin my brother here's birthday!" I said pointing to cameron as I winked.

"I AM SO SO SORRY! Candice! That's it, Ive had enough of your shananagins! Youre fired!" She said pushing the girl away as we all laughed.

"Okay, I send my deepest apologies and I'll make your whole meal free since its this young mans birthday, and because I feel terrible about that. Anyways, my name is Betty and I'll be serving you today. How may I help you?" She smiled at us politely.