Chapter 11

Ashley's POV

I was talking to Shay when all of a sudden I heard a cough. I looked to my left and there stood Hayes.

"Hey..." Shay said awkwardly.

"Hi, uhh sorry when Cam was introducing you guys I wasn't really listening...so you are?" Hayes said extending his hand to Shay.

"I'm Shay! Its nice to meet you!....You're Hayes right." She replied.

This is definitely not awkward for me....not at all...psht....its not like I have a crush on Hayes or anything....nope.

"Hey...uhh Ashley, could I talk to you...in uhh private for a second?" Hayes said raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah sure, excuse us for a minute Shay." I said gesturing for her to go do something else.

What does he want to talk about? Why did it have to be private? Oh god, this is making me nervous..

"I don't want to sound weird or anything but I was wondering, if I could have your number?" Hayes said scratching his neck.

"Sure.." I smiled while blushing.

We exchanged numbers and I could stop smiling. The way he blushed when our hands brushed. It caused me butterflies. I didnt understand. I've been around boys before, but this was...it was different. He just was...different.

Hayes' POV

I walked straight up to Ashley and forced myself to talk. I coughed to get attention.

"Hey..." Ashley's friend said awkwardly.

"Hi, uhh sorry when Cam was introducing you guys I wasn't really listening...so you are?" I said extending my hand to the girl.

"I'm Shay! Its nice to meet you!....You're Hayes right." she smiled in response.

There was an awkward pause so I took this as my chance. Here goes nothing.

"Hey...uhh Ashley, could I talk to you...in uhh private for a second?" I said trying not to stutter.

"Yeah sure, excuse us for a minute Shay." she said gesturing towards her.

We walked away from where Shay was standing and I began to get nervous. I just had to spit it out.

"I don't want to sound weird or anything but I was wondering, if I could have your number?" I said scratching my neck awkwardly.

"Sure.." she smiled as she blushed.

The way here eyes sparkle. The way her cheeks tint pink. The way she get goosebumps on her arms when our hands brushed. She was perfect. I've never been nervous around girls. She just, made me....feel happy. It's not able to discribe. She was just, amazing.

Cameron's POV

I was talking to Nash and I saw his gaze looking at something behind me. I stopped talking and turned around. There stood Hayes, and Ashley exchanging numbers.

"Ya know, I could actually see them together," I heard Nash say quietly.

"NASH. I TOLD HAYES NOT TO TRY ANYTHING. I DONT WANT HIM TO HURT HER." I yelled in a whisper.

"Oh lighten up Cameron. Hayes isnt a player." he chuckled.

"Nash, I just...I want to protect her, after all she is family now."

"Bro, chill. It will be fine I promise." He said calmly.

"Well... its like...kinda getting late, we should head home." I said to Nash.

"Yeah, lets break them apart." he joked.

I walked over to Ashley and said loudly, "Well, we've gotta get going..."

"Oh ok!" she smiled.

I gave her a big brotherly hug and smiled. She's such a great person, I'm so glad that I have her as my sister now.

"Well thanks again for saving us, and nice meeting you Shay!" I smiled to the girls.

"Yeah no problem." Shay shrugged.

"Alright well I'll see ya around Ashley." Hayes said as we started to walk away.

"Yeah...uhh...see ya!" She smiled back to him.

This boy is going to have to tell me every detail. He better not hurt her. She seems so fragile. When we get to the car, "The talk" is going to begin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey! Well....SCHOOLS OUT FOR MEEEE!

I'll try to update alot more often this summer! I hope you like this chapter! I'm thinkjng about having a contest oooo! Alright well I've gotta goooooo, mwahhh! Thanks for reading!

-Ashley