Best friend

~Sophie's POV~
We have finally reached Ruel's next point on tour, we are currently in New Jersey and he has gone straight to rehearsal for his mini show tonight.

I walk up to our shared hotel room to waste time whilst Ruel is rehearsing. I pull out the key card and swipe it to open the door.
I open up the door to see a normal hotel room, a large bed in the middle with an attached bathroom and a large tv on the wall.  I put down my bags and collapse on the bed. The pst couple days have been exhausting, especially after being ill.

I grab the remote and turn through the channels. It takes a while before I find some 90s sitcom that I deem adequate. It's grab my phone and swipe through Instagram. I like Ruel's recent Instagram and laugh at the fact that he 'fucked up the grid'. I comment "💗" and continue to scroll.

Ruel and I Haven't gone completely public yet but we have given hints to the fans, not caring whether they find out or not.
I put down my phone and decide to close my eyes, to catch up on some must needed rest.

~2 hours later~
"SOPHIE!!" I hear a squeal hovering over me. I see Coco jumping on the bed in front of me.
"COCO!" I scream back tackling her into a hug. Coco and I had become quite close during the tour and to be honest, she had kinda become my best friend.
"I missed you so much" she says pulling away.
"I missed you too, how did you get in here?"
I ask,
She pointed behind me and I turn to see Ruel standing behind me holding the key card in his hand.

" good to know, you like my sister more than me" He says teasingly. Before I can answer coco interupts and says,
"Yep, that's right. I'm the better Van dijk and we all know it"she smiles pulling me back for another hug.
Ruel looks at me shocked, jokingly hoping I would defend him, I simply shrug and say,
"Well I can't fight with her logic" before falling into coco's hold.  Ruel scoffs and stands up from the bed.
"Wow, good to know I'm loved. I'll just go dig a hole and die alone" He says acting offended.
"Noooo my baby" I say over affectionately. I pull out of coco grasp and run towards him.
"Too late, you've made your choice" He says trying not to laugh.
I scoff and step back before walking back to coco and ignoring him, to see how long he could last. About 5 minutes later of me and coco watching Seinfeld he jumps on the bed and tackles me into a hug.
"Okay bye, can't deal with the sappiness of you too" coco says jokingly walking out of the room.

Ruel pulls me into a hug and puts his head in my neck.
"You look really pretty today" He says quietly.
"Oh, so I usually don't?" I say pulling his strings.
He groans and digs his head into my neck even more.
"I'm just tryna be nice" He laughs
"You always look beautiful" he adds.
"I'm sorry, im just pulling your strings" I giggle. I pull him into a kiss and smile before saying,
"Thankyou for saying I look pretty" I whisper.
"I will every day if it makes you smile" he grins.