I'm sorry

~sophie's POV~
To say the past couple days have been rough, would be an understatement. I don't think I've worn anything other than my pyjama pants for the past 3 days.

I've had countless missed calls from ruel. I haven't had the heart to answer a single one. After listening to his message I haven't known what to do with myself. He sounded so hurt and I can't help but feel so guilty.

It was Wednesday evening, I was sitting at the counter doing my school work. It was tainting outside today, which was oddly comforting due to the warmth inside the house. I was wearing my pyjamas, my hair still in a messy bun.

It was 6pm when there was a knock on the door. Aunty May was out currently doing the grocery shopping. I wearily got off my seat and walked to the door.

As I walked along I saw my fluffy slippers drag across the ground. I looked through the glass of the door and saw a large figure. I wearily opened the door before seeing who it was and quickly shutting it again.

"Common sophie, it's raining! Just let me in!" The all too familiar voice yells through the door. I could here the strain in his voice. It sounded like he had been crying. My eyes begin to water as I open the door.

Ruel. In the flesh. Tears in his eyes but a small grin on his face.
"What are you doing here" I manage to say whilst tears threaten to slip from my eyes.

"I'm here to get you back. Sophie, I love you and despite the fact that you won't accept it, I love you too much to let you go. You can't keep running from me soph, it's not fair! What more do I have to do to show you that I love you" He almost yells. I'm

I stand there in silence, unable to tell if it's tears on his face, or just the rain. I stare at him.
He looks at me with big eyes, waiting for an answer.
I just stand there. What am I supposed to say? Just seeing him here makes me regret everything. I love and miss him so much it makes my heart hurt.

"You know what sophie, don't answer me. You have no idea how much it hurt to read you're stupid letter, when I just got off stage. It was the biggest fucking performance of my career so far and you weren't even there! You should be the one begging for my apology, but here I am standing out in the fucking rain, losing all self dignity, trying to get you to love me back,
But you know what? I can't force you to do anything and to be honest, it was really stupid of me to think I could come here and change your mind. Enjoy your life sophie, cause lord knows that you won't be in mine." He says turning around and slamming the door in front of me.

I stand there, tears running down my face. I'm such an idiot! What the heck is wrong with me?? Here I am, with the most beautiful boy begging me to love him and I just stand there silent.

It takes about a minute before I come to my senses. I quickly run outside into the rain. I see Ruel trying to start his car but failing. He rests his head against the wheel before getting out of the car and slamming the door in anger. He rests his head against the cold, wet metal of his car and he begins to cry.

I run as fast as I can, my pyjamas now completely soaked. Just as Ruel is about to get in his car again I'm close enough for him to reach me.
"Ruel!" I yell with all my might.
He turns his head and sees me standing there.
He walks over to me with a worried look on his face.
"Sophie? What are you doing out here? You're going to get sick?" He says forgetting everything for that moment.

"Shut up and listen to me" I say tears still running down my cheeks.
"Growing up, my mother always told me, that if you were truely sorry about something, you wouldn't do it again, so I can tell you with all my heart that I am so sorry about everything. I'm sorry for being selfish. I'm sorry for thinking I'm not enough. I'm sorry for leaving. I'm sorry for not talking to you. I'm sorry for not answering your calls. But mostly, I am so so sorry that I ever made you think I didn't love you." I say now basically sobbing.
"All I'm asking now, is that you be the better person and don't do what I did. Don't leave. I love you and I need you more than ever. Please, Ruel. Please tell me you still love me." I scream through the rain.

He immediately starts to walk closer to me. Within seconds his arms are wrapped around me and I cry into his shoulder.  He holds onto me as if I was a precious petal that would break on impact.
"Sophie, I love you so much" He says as he puts me down. His hands rest on my shoulders as if to reimburse he comment.
He pulled me into a kiss. The rain still falling around us. As we let go, the street lights are the only thing lighting our vision. He whispers as he rests his head on mine,
"Well, that was cliche then wasn't it?"

I giggle and pull him in for another kiss.
"Common let's get in inside, don't want to get sick." He says as he squeezed my sides.