𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

''Hey Antonio, check this out!'' You shouted from all the way the hall running to catch up to your best friend.

He stood turning around the sun shined on him, his beautiful green eyes much more prominent from the rays of the sun. A smile formed on his tanned skin brightening his features, eyes spotting you which in turn made him smile wider.

''Ah, Hermosa how can I help?'' He asked gently after you finally arrived by his side. Lifting your head you showed him your phone excitedly.

He scanned the device then glanced at you his hand petting your head. ''Good job, didn't think you'd ever have the power in you to send him a message!'' He laughed.

You pouted letting him caress your hair shamelessly, punching him lightly on the stomach you were flushed like a tomato.

''Any progress, is great progress!'' You explained covering your face in your hands before uncovering your face again staring at Antonio. ''Do you think he'll respond?'' You asked full of hope.

''Of course, who wouldn't'' He stared at your sparkling eyes.

''I hope, it has been difficult hiding the flowers from my parents'' you sighed staring off into space.

You live in a world where if you fall in love and that love is unrequited or one-sided petals form in the lungs which makes breathing impossible and if left for long will cause death. This disease is curable, however, the patient loses the ability to feel romantic feelings and even may forget the person they were once enamored with.

And it just so happen that you developed this strange disease by catching feelings for Abel, a guy from the Netherlands whose only focus is his financial stability, but regardless of the way others perceive him as underneath all that he's a kind man.

The both of you were assigned together for a project, due to this project you began to pay closer attention to him, you found yourself thinking of him often at night before falling asleep and before you knew it one morning you coughed a beautiful flower petal decorated with your blood. You kept this a secret from your family and only told Antonio about it.

Thus, after you told him about it he made it his mission to help you get with Abel. He vividly remembers your tear-stained face blood on your mouth and petals on the sink. It terrified him to know that there is the possibility he can lose you just because you were too stubborn to remove the disease before it escalated.

''I guess we must hurry then!'' He chuckled.

The bell rang, this was your queue to leave not before hugging the Spaniard. His smile, however, didn't reach his ears.

''I have made some great progress, we discussed today's lesson!'' You said lowly attempting at sounding cheerful.

A few days had passed and you were continuing to suffer your symptoms worsening day by day. Last night you thought would be your last, you could barely get air through your lungs. It took all of your might to not alert your parents.

''You know, how about for valentine coming up, you could write him a letter and make him chocolate. Surely he'll give in?'' Antonio suggested patting your back.

You snapped your head and stared at him agape. ''Are you crazy?!'' You yelled, embarrassed of the thought that Abel will reject you.

''Sure am! Now, listen I will help you prepare the letter while you make the chocolate, how about that? And if all fails then you have to promise me to give up...'' He said the last sentence in absolute concern.

Sighing you nodded agreeing to Antonio's ridiculous idea. ''Yeah, sure let's give it a try...''

Great now you were going to be a nervous wreck all week, you mentally thanked the Spaniard for being the cause of your despair, the concept of confessing made you overwhelmed.

The week had already passed and before you knew it you were in front of Abel with a box of freshly self-made chocolates and a love letter in the other. Anxiously shoving the letter to Abel, he opened it confused about what this whole thing is about.

Dear Abel,

I have been hiding this from you for a long time. While we were working on the team project together I found myself deeply falling in love with your sweet smile. The determination in your eyes sparked a flame in my heart, I just couldn't control myself from finding comfort in those eyes of yours. You take my breath away by merely existing, you can't comprehend how much my heart ached to be close to you.

I have been bearing these feelings for such a long time, I believe now is the time to tell you how charming you are. I want you to know I love you, I fell in love with you expecting nothing in return but for your understanding. I fell in love with your personality, with you who made these butterflies appear just like the petals in my stomach. I don't plan on stopping to love you, so I wrote you this letter to express my love for you.

Thank you, for these feelings.

Abel read through the contents of the letter in complete shock. He stared at your face which had tears in the corner ready to fall in case he rejected you. What you didn't expect was the gentle smile on the odd man's face, as well as, the bright pink blush. Quickly he caught himself and coughed looking away from you.

''I guess you're tolerable...'' his face is now the same color as a tomato.

Your eyes widened unconsciously hugging the taller man, surprised he tried to push you away until he sighed and wrapped his hands around you. The painful feeling of thorns on your throat disappeared the moment you realized he reciprocated your feelings.

Oh, young love how dangerous, yet sweet to the point of wanting to vomit.

Speaking of vomiting, on the other hand, the very man you are to show gratitude to is currently in the boy's bathroom violently vomiting the exact same flowers you showed him. They were your favorite. Tears staining his school uniform along with blood that flooded the bathroom flower he could barely breathe after seeing you hug Abel so joyous.

''Are done suffering, look at what she did?!'' His Italian friend Romano yelled at the top of his lungs afraid his friend won't be able to make it.

Antonio slowly shook his head as he stared at the ceiling. ''It's not her fault, we can't decide who we fall for''

Romano massaged his temple in frustration ''Alright think as you may, however, did you have to rephrase your letter for her so she can give it to that bastard?''

''Romano, it's fine'' Antonio dismissed him again.

''Don't tell that not only did you contract her disease you also contracting her stubbornness?!''

''Perhaps...'' Antonio chuckled.