°•°• 7 •°•°

Despite on what Reborn had wished him for, Tsuna still had a nightmare of the previous event. The guilt is creeping back, and it hit him harder than Reborn's vicious 'morning call' that his mind went blank as he woke up sniffling.

Why did he cry in the first place? He can't even remember.

Why did he feel so awful? He wouldn't be able to tell.

His chest is so tight, there seemed to be not enough oxygen in the air... but he couldn't bring himself to care.

Nothing's really matter. Nothing up to his concern. Blank. Empty.

Soon enough, all he knew is the fact that the deep abyss seems to take him away once again...

☆☆☆

Worry is the only thing visible upon the guardians faces as they wait for Ryohei to step out from the infirmary.

"His fever was as Reborn had claimed to be, and he has cerebral anemia, mostly because of lack of sleep, fatigue, and probably the stress he carried on" the white-haired sun reported once he's done hooking the sick sky with an IV.

"And here I thought, we've done good enough on cheering him" Lambo muttered sadly.

"To be fair, he seems like genuinely enjoying our plan. So, I don't think that we actually failed on that" Takeshi said with a smile, trying to cheer the youngest.

"Whether or not did we fail, it really doesn't matter anymore as we need to focus on our next step. Clearly he has a bigger problem than just feeling upset like he thought he was." Hayato chimes in.

"On serious note though, did the massacre affect him that much? Or is it something else?" Chrome pondered aloud.

This time Reborn opens his mouth, "he was muttering some apology in his sleep. My best guess is he feels burdened with the 'bad' things he's done. One that we all know how inevitable it is as a part of mafia"

Mukuro can only sighed exasperatedly, "I knew that he's too good for the job." It's not that he doubt the brunet's skill, no. But the young sky was simply too pure for the bloody throne, and none of the guardians, not even Hayato, would deny that statement. Still...

"Should we ask for a professional help?" The silveret questioned.

"Omnivore hates that" Kyoya reminds him. And true to his words, they all still remember how Tsuna took it as insult when a psychiatrist visited his office one day. They were given a silent treatment for the rest of the month.

"But it could be dangerous if we just let things happen like this. Severe depression could kill a person even without the path of suicide" Ryohei said, had he once read a medical journal about related matter.

"Well, what should we do, then?" Lambo asked with desperation crystal clear on his voice. That fedora man hummed.

"I have a plan..." the tone that he held is one they all familiar with, yet his onyx pairs seems to lack of mischief. Reborn is being serious.

All they could hope is for his plan to actually worked...

☆☆☆

Blury sighting as he woke up, he immediately notice the distinguish smell of disinfectant that's tainting the air.

'Why am I here? Was I injured?' Tsuna wondered as he took a note of the slight pain in his arm. A needle. He's hooked up to an IV. Seriously, what had happened?

No body is here, or at least his limited line of sight couldn't see anyone around. And Tsuna is strugling enough just to find out the time from the ticking clock on the wall above. 2 o'clock it reads. Too bad he can't tell wether it's A.M. or P.M.

'It's so freaking hot. Did the A.C. broke or something?' He noticed the way his ears are buzzing and the fact that all he could feel is a thick fog in the depth of his mind, both makes him slightly alarmed.

"Minna..." he tried to call out. He feels like someone is squeezing his head and lungs, and he knows for a fact that he needed help. But with his pathetic call he just did, he even doubted that an ant could hear him.

Still he tried again...

"Minna... Reborn. Hayato. Ryohei. Mukuro. Chrome. Takeshi. Lambo. Anyone...?" He runs a hand over his neck and feel the radiating heat on his skin.

'This is bad...' His heavy breath sounds like he's been running a marathon for hours or surviving a spar with the destructive trio all at once.

'Where's everybody?' It feels like decades has passed when in reality it has only been a couple of minutes.

Frankly, it's not as bad as earlier. But still, the pain is there, and it stubbornly stayed even after he put some pressure by his own hands.

He's pretty much considering this as a second degree torture, and that's saying much since he's been kidnapped and actually tortured before. Also, he knew of Reborn, Mukuro, Kyoya, and let's not forget, Varia... and dealing with them could be a first degree torture alright.

'--why did I even bother to think of that?' The monologue was too absurd even in his feverish state.

"You're awake?" A voice suddenly said, snapping himself out of his thoughts.

"Who?" Tsuna asked back.

Ryohei was actually taking the first shift on guarding the sick sky and could have been hearing his call if only he hadn't went to bathroom to take a leak.

Well, No matter... it's better late than nothing.

"Head's hurt..." that brunet crooked a whine and Ryohei sighed.

"You really did a beating to yourself, Tsuna. How many times should I scold you about taking care of your own health?" He sounded pissed off with a tone that the young Decimo knew all too well.

"'m sorry..." the younger slurred his words, a sign that the pain killer that Ryohei had slipped in has finally kicking in.

"That too... stop apologizing after taking the whole thing to yourself. Didn't we tell you to lean on us more?" But Tsuna had fallen asleep once more.

"Well, no matter. We'll have the talk.with the others soon." The older male smiled as he ruffles the brown locks of his younger brother.

"You don't have to worry anymore. Your elements will take care of the rest. So just get better soon, will ya?" In which, his only reply is the soft snore of the tired male. But well, I guess for now, that's more than just enough...