°•°• 6 •°•°

Waking up Big and cold was not something that Tsuna had expected. His mind was fuzzy with yesterday's memory. All that he could recall was his high pitched tone wanting to play in the snow again tomorrow - which is today, before falling asleep in the couch whilst cuddling with his guardians. Looking around, he had noticed how he must have kicked his blanket in his sleep, thus ended up with him shivering at 5 am.

Why did he become a little anyway? And just how little was he, that he can't remember much? Why did he feels sore all over?

-his head is full of questions as he lightstepped to the kitchen to get a warm water instead of that cold one that he knew would be waiting on his nightstand.

Sighing in relief, he muttered to self when he's done, "...much better... " his scratchy throat is.

He heard someone came in and was ready to greet whoever it was. And might as well apologizing for yesterday's trouble he's likely caused.

What he didn't expect, however, is to see his ex-tutor and advisor to lean on the counter with his trademark smirk.

"It seems like you were having so much fun yesterday, Lil' Tsu~" Reborn teased, knowing exactly how Tsuna would react at the nickname.

With red till the tip of his ears, Tsuna find himself stuttering his words, "s-shut up... I wasn't in control okay?"

But Reborn, being himself, won't let the boy go just like that, "heee~ what's that? Lil' Tsu is still a part of your awareness, no matter what. And he's so cute... you are cute."

Embarassed, but Tsuna's still able to control his facial expressions as he slapped the lingering hands from his chin, his unamused look is on pair with the sharp smirk, "well, Tsukkun is not here right now. So don't baby me around"

Reborn almost roll his eyes at the statement, "you'll be dead if I ever actually stop. You're still the same Dame-Tsuna I knew years ago afterall."

"Yeah, yeah... now, stop creeping me out. That's Mukuro's job--"

"--And my job, is to babysits you around. It's written in my job description" Boy, how he loves to tease the brunet.

"Seriously, what's with you? Stop bugging me this early" The Decimo huffed despite saying that more from his own embarassment.

"What? Don't you miss to play with me? Not even a welcoming hug even after your dear Papa came all the way back?" Tsuna halted on his track at the dissapointed tone. In which of course, knowing which string he just pulled, Reborn has his eyes glinted at the latter's reaction.

"G-Gomenasai, Papa... T-Tsukkun missed chuu so so much. Tsukkun wanna hug..." the little said, slowly turning his back slowly as his fingers fiddled with the hem of his PJs.

The hitman chuckled before then opening his arms so wide before then embraced the man-kid tightly and full of love. "Papa miss you too, Lil' Tsu..." he said with such a gentle tone, one that no one ever heard unless when it comes to the young sky himself.

It's not that rare for Reborn to see his ex-student's depressed state, but to feel his tears soaking his undershirt like this, even his cold heart would crack, "What makes you this upset, sweetheart? Tell Papa, so I can fix it for you..."

To his surprise, Tsukkun just shook his head and keep on crying in silence, no words escaping his lips. And so, Reborn has no other choice but take him back to his room. It's still too early afterall.

The merciless hitman, with the same hand that reeks blood of his enemies, is currently playing with the boy's brown locks with much fondness whilst humming that one lullaby that Tsuna himself used to sang to sooth him as he grow out of his arcobaleno self.

(Title: Song of the sea)

Hush now, mo stóirín
Close your eyes and sleep
Waltzing the waves
Diving in the deep

Stars are shining bright
The wind is on the rise
Whispering words
of long lost lullabies

Oh won't you come with me
Where the moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing

Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea

I had a dream last night
And heard the sweetest sound
I saw a great white light
And dancers in the round

Castles in the sand
Cradles in the trees
Don't cry, I'll see you by and by

Oh won't you come with me
Where the moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing

Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea

Rolling
Rolling
Rolling
Rolling

Oh won't you come with me
Where the moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing free

Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea

Grá go deo

And just like how he was easily lulled away back in the past, Tsuna was sound asleep. No trace of discomfort or pain in his flawless face. Yet the way he clung onto the Raven man, tells another story.

Tsuna was lonely, he can feel it. He was afraid of something. Or maybe the poor soul was just too tired from the daily attack of the world's impurity.

What a joke, for an angel to be deserted in this hell hole. Even dreamed to change the way things are and make it heaven on earth. It was just simply impossible. Reborn, of all people, know the best.

But even so, he wouldn't deny that there's a part of him who just knew that the boy would make it. Maybe not in a few years and definitely not sometimes around. But one day... hope will only perish once he's gone. And Reborn would make sure to die first before then. That's why he's up to be his 'babysitter' and even more after they found out about the sky's little secret...

But enough about that, Tsuna is sleeping. And since he can't just leave the younger, then might as well cherishes the given luxury.

"Oyasuminasai, Lil' Tsu... may you have the sweetest dream"

--and so, as he kissed the crown of the latter's head, his eyes slowly closed as he finally have the rest he himself deserved...