A Visit From Demeter

I blink at her stupidly. "Your ship?"

"Tratie, of course!" She says, beaming widely. Ok-ay, then.

She must sense my confusion, because she explains. "Ship, as in relationship. Tratie is your name and Katie's name mixed together!"

Ohhh. Like how the Aphrodite cabin came up with the name Percabeth.

"That's enough, Aphrodite!" A scowling woman says. I immediately recognize her as Demeter.

I incline my head. "Lady Demeter."

"Hmph. I assume you know why I'm here?"

I shake my head in bewilderment. "Huh?"

Her scowl deepens. "I do not approve of your relationship with my daughter."

"Oh. Uh- okay. So- um wow you see-"

She glares at me. "Don't bother. But I fully expect you too leave her immediately. Or the consequences will be- shall we say- dire."

I shudder. "Well- Lady Demeter- you see-"

And then I wake up.

I glance at my watch and realize its almost dinner! Kissing Katie awake is soooo clichéd...

"Ow!" She says rubbing her arm where I punched her. "What was that for?"

"It's almost dinner. We've been asleep for hours." I say, and Katie punches me in the shoulder.

I love her.

"Let's go." She says, jumping off the rock and looking up at me. I jump after me, landing with a little less grace.

"My siblings will be worried." She says thoughtfully, her mouth pressing together in that ultra cute way it does when she's thinking.

That reminds me of what Demeter said

"Um, Katie Kat..." I start nervously. "Your mom visited me in a dream"

She sighs. "What did she say?"

I'm tempted to lie and say that Demeter is glad her daughter is in love, but I could never lie to Katie.

"She doesn't approve of us." I say.

She frowns. "Oh."

"Look, I'd understand if you don't want to see me anymore." I say hurriedly. "I mean, she's your mom, and she's a god..."

Katie shuts me up by kissing me. "Travis, you are more of a god to me than she is."

I tense and wait for Katie to be disintegrated into wheat seeds, but nothing happens.

"Look at that." She says, smiling. "The gods are on our side."

I smile back. "Nah, it's just Aphrodite."

She laughs. "It's totally just Aphrodite."

I take her hand and play with her fingers. "Meet me here tonight?"

She crinkles her eyebrows. "How?"

I smirk. "A little sleeping powder in the harpies dinner."

She laughs and punches me. "You're impossible."

I slip my hand into hers. "You got that right."

KATIE POV

We walk back to camp in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. Well, we stop to kiss a couple of times.

"Now your hair's all messy!" I tease him, smoothing it back.

He gives me his troublemaker smirk. "You're the one who keeps putting your hands in it."

I suddenly become self conscious about the whole relationship. "Do- do you want me to stop? Because I can-"

"Katie." He cuts me off. "I love it when you put your hands in my hair. I love you."

He smiles for a moment before I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him passionately. He puts his hands around my back and kisses back, and it's just us, lost in our own little world.

"You're my world." I mutter. Hey, I know it's cliche, but nothing felt so true at that moment.

"You've always been mine." He whispers back.

It takes us about fifteen minutes to get back to camp. Luckily, no one notices us come out of the woods so we go to our different cabins.

I sit on my bunk and run a brush through my hair, trying to tame it before my siblings notice. Miranda comes in just as I've got it somewhat normal.

"Katie? Where have you been all day?" She asks worriedly. "Everyone's been looking."

"I um was feeling a little sick so I've been in the infirmary all day." I say awkwardly. Please don't see through it, please don't see through it...

"Huh." Miranda frowns. "I thought we checked there. Oh well. Your feeling better now?"

I nod. "Yeah, I feel fine."

"Then Chiron wants to see you." She says and walks out of the cabin.

Huh. I wonder why Chiron would want to see me. I sprint up to the big house and open the door hesitantly. Chiron and both the Stolls are already there.

"Excellent." Chiron says, motioning for me to sit down. After a quick glance at Travis, I sit down on a chair across from him.

"I want the three of you to go on a quest."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

This was more of a filler chapter, the next chapter will be better. Vote and comment!

QOTD: Favorite Percy Jackson fanfiction you've ever read?

AOTD: Goode Luck, and the sequel Goode to be Back by @Dazed_1344 . You HAVE to go read them.

-PhantomMiria

P.S. Some of you have been writing the sweetest comments and giving me good feedback and I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you. It always makes me smile like an idiot, even when I'm stressed or depressed. So thank you so so much.