Aphrodite

"Hello Katie!" A breathtakingly beautiful young woman says cheerily in my dream. I internally groan.

"Lady Aphrodite, what are you doing here?"

She giggles. "To talk to you about Travis, of course! Tratie is meant to be!"

"You know about my secret crush on Travis?"

She smiles. "Honey, you ran straight to him after that little dream I sent you. And anyway, I am the goddess of love, you know."

Realization clicks within me. "You sent that dream?"

She smiles an annoyingly perfect smile. "Of course! It was your most romantic moment turned tragic."

I snort. "There was nothing romantic about that prank."

Aphrodite smirks. "Katie, he gave you chocolate."

Before I can reply, she checks her watch. "Oops! Out of time! Bye Katie! See you soon!"

I wake to Connor's voice. "What the Hades?"

I sit up quickly, and shake Travis awake. I notice that we snuggled up together in our sleep. Well, this is awkward.

"What time is it?" I ask Connor.

"6:30. Everyone should be waking up soon. You should probably get back to your cabin. And dude." He stares pointedly at Travis "we have got to talk later."

I jump out of bed and say, "Travis? Meet me at the strawberry fields after breakfast. I think we have a lot to talk about."

I then rush out of the Hermes cabin.

TRAVIS POV

Connor raises an eyebrow at me. "I find you in bed with your archenemy that I know you've been secretly obsessed with for the past two years. Care to spill?"

I sigh. "You knew I liked Katie?"

"Dude, for the past year it's just been "Let's prank Gardner!" or "Katie needs to be pranked!". Yeah, it was pretty obvious."

I hesitate, before telling him everything. How Katie had a dream about how I died and freaked out. How she didn't want to go back to her own cabin. How we ended up in the same bed.

Connor whistles. "Are you going to tell her you like her today?"

"I don't like her, I love her. Katie's just so perfect. Wherever she walks, everything just seems to slow down around her. She can brighten up a room just by going inside of it. Katie is the best gardener of all time, Demeter should be beyond proud of her. She's so, so beautiful. How could she ever fall for a guy like me?"

Connor grins. "Dude."

"What?"

He holds up a video camera. It was pointing at the ground but no doubt recorded every word I said. "Gotcha."

Not cool, Connor, not cool. Though Travis may disagree with me later- *River Song voice* Spoilers!

Vote, comment, and read on my lovelies. Question of the Day: Least favorite ice cream flavor?

Answer: Chocolate. It just tastes wrong in ice cream form.
-PhantomMiria