Chapter 34

The update is a day longer than expected as I went back through the story and edited some lazy spelling and grammar mistakes.

....

*Quite a few years later.*

Kai and I had spent another year travelling the world, then we decided to get a place of our own to settle down. We'd successfully and secretly compelled ourselves a decently sized cabin-type house in the middle of a large forest. The secluded area allowed Kai to practice magic in secret and allowed me to go for a run whenever I wanted. We could also travel to a nearby town to feed when we got bored of blood bags, then compel and return to safety and seclusion.

It was home and it felt homely. I smiled to myself as I let out a deep sigh of contentment, while sat on a soft pillow on the floor in front of the fire and wrapped up in a fluffy blanket. I just closed my eyes and kept smiling at the calming atmosphere that was our home.

Kai was currently outside checking to make sure his spells were still working, like he did every night. He was quite meticulous in making sure stuff worked how it needed to. I guess he just wanted to make sure we were both safe, considering we both seem to end up in the eye of the storm when trouble strikes. As well as the fact that the Witch Hybrid Vincent told us about was still out there, but she must be an utterly terrible tracker as it's been years now.

"Hey babe!"
Kai's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as he kissed me on the back of my head and gently rested his hands on my shoulders.

"Hey"
I looked up at him and smiled.

"You look cosy."
He smiled lovingly at me.

"I was just thinking."

"Ah, that explains the ticking noise I heard on my way in."
He grinned like an idiot and I laughed in response.

"You're such an ass."

"I know."
He smiled.
"Anyway, I'm going to make some food. I'll shout you through when it's done."
He gave me a quick kiss on the top of my head before heading to the kitchen.

After everything calmed down and Kai and I started properly living together, he turned into a proper foodie. He seemed to love everything to do with food and got enjoyment out of cooking, it was adorable really.

I smiled and looked towards the kitchen. I could see everything he was doing as the kitchen was directly next to the living room without a wall. He was humming to himself while making food, almost dancing around the kitchen.

Seeing the way Kai acted when he was happy, safe, understood and loved made me wish others could see this side of Kai. To understand that he's not a heartless monster at all, but in fact has one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen. All he needed was for someone to be there for him and not treat him like an abomination. The longer he was loved for, the more peaceful he seemed.

"Food's ready baby girl!"
Kai called from the kitchen and I jumped up, almost skipping with joy.

"It smells amazing!"
I grinned and sat down at the counter on one of the stools.

Kai smiled back and placed the food on plates.

He sat down next to me and we both eagerly tucked into our meals. I loved the peaceful serenity of just having Kai and myself here. Just us, no one else.

After a while we finished eating and I took both plates and put them into the dishwasher. I looked outside and the moon was at its apex.
"I think I might go for a run."
I smiled.

"It's been a while since you ran, be careful."

"I always am."
I smiled at Kai and gave him a loving kiss before I exited through the back door of the house. I stripped, shifted to my wolf form and bolted into the forest.

Running as a wolf was so freeing.

....

I'd been running for quite a while now and it was starting to get light, so I headed back to the house. Just as I shifted back, an immense pain shot through my skull.

I fell to the floor clutching my head and that's when a woman's voice spoke.
"Don't try calling out. No one can hear you, you're cloaked."
Someone then clipped a necklace around my neck but I didn't recognise anyone's scent, and there were three of them.
"And don't try calling out to your precious little boyfriend either. That necklace protects him from your thoughts."

"Who the hell are you?"
I growled and managed to look up, but still managed to keep myself covered.

"Someone who's wanted revenge on you for a while, Cordelia Delamere."
The woman who was speaking to me had a very harsh expression on her face, which was only intensified by her fiery hair and burning eyes.

"I don't know where you heard that name, but my name is Sylvia-"

"Mikaelson. I know. I know everything about you. And now I can finally get revenge on you for murdering my mother, taking everything from me. And I'm going to do that, by taking everything from you."

That's when I noticed someone had been drawing a circle around me and Marcel knelt down in front of me, staring into my eyes.
"I am so sorry Sylvia. But this is the quickest way to get Rebekah back."

As Marcel started talking to me, the other woman started chanting.

And soon, I couldn't move and my memories of Kai started fading. A hot tear burned and fell down my cheek, then Marcel sped away.

I shook my head and realised I was on the floor.
What the hell am I doing on the floor? And why am I naked? Did I just get back from a run? Where the hell am I?

I looked up at the cabin house in front of me. I had no idea where I was. I shifted into a wolf and ran, I needed to get away and try and understand what just happened and why I can barely remember anything.

Kai's POV
I smiled as I watched Sylvia run off into the forest. It's been a while since she decided to free herself for a while.

It's been quite a few years since we decided to settle here and not only is it secluded and free, but it's also fun. She can run in secret, I can practice magic, no one can hear us for miles and we can murder anyone we want and no one can track us. It was the perfect life, just Sylvia and myself.

I picked up Sylvia's clothes from the floor outside and chucked them into the washing machine, before folding up a clean pair of pyjamas on the decking outside.

I shut the door but didn't lock it, and went upstairs to bed. It was hard to fall asleep without my little devil with me, but I knew she'd be back before daybreak.

.....

I rolled over and my arm fell onto an empty space of bedding. I opened my eyes and my brows furrowed as I realised it was daytime.

I checked my phone and it was nearly midday. I didn't have a call or text from Sylvia so I quickly headed downstairs and out the back door. Her clothes were still in the perfect pile and I couldn't sense her. Not even her essence.

Something was very, very wrong.

I went out onto the grass and that's when I noticed something. There were three scents I didn't recognise, as well as Marcel's. Sylvia's was there too but it was very faint, heading back into the forest.

What was Marcel doing here? How did he even know we were here? And who were the other three?

An intense heat and rage started burning through me and I could feel the veins in my face start to rise.

Sylvia wouldn't just leave and block our connection, and if she died I'd be able to feel it. Something bad has happened to Sylvia and I won't rest until I find out what.

And I will kill anyone who gets in my way.

....

Sorry if it's a little short, the next planned chapter is supposed to be quite a long one. I also thought the video/song was perfect for the end section of this chapter :)

Also, thank you to kaiIeesi for allowing me to use the idea of the OC being compelled, as a small side-plot in this story.