Chapter 8

I woke up, a strong arm placed around me holding me against them.
I smiled, Kai was spooning me.

I turned to face him, snuggling as close as I could so I could be as comfortable as possible.
I felt calm, the sound of his breathing and beating heart as my head rested against his bare chest.

"Mmm so you're awake now?"
A very sleepy Kai, groggily said.

Ooh boy. Kai's sleepy voice sent shivers down my spine.

"How long have you been awake?"
I also sleepily said.

"A while"
He let out a deep sigh of content, hugging me as close as he could.
"I was just enjoying holding your very attractive body."

I could feel his smirk against my head.

"Cheeky"
I giggled then breathed a sigh of contentment.

I felt his arm move and he used his thumb and forefinger to tilt my head up to look at him.
A small smile plastered his face as he gently and briefly pressed his lips against mine.

He pulled my head to him and rested his on top of mine.

"I don't know what this is, but I like it."
He lightly chuckled and I responded in like.

"So do I."

Strangely, the place I felt the safest was in this socoiopath's arms.

Suddenly he put me under him and kissed me, both of us ended up giggling.

He stopped for a moment and gently stroked the back of his hand down my cheek.
"This is new, strange and weird to me. But I want to continue this."

I smiled and gently cupped the side of his cheek, rubbing my thumb across it. I'd noticed he'd closed his eyes and turned his head a little into my hand, a small smile tugging at his lips.
"As do I, Kai. As do I."

"Now that this sappy, weird little conversation is over,"
Kai smirked.
"What do you say about having a bit of fun?"

I bit my lip and traced circles around his chest.
"I'd love it"

He kissed me passionately once again, soon turning hungry and rough.

....

I lost track of time in the prison world. I guess I'd stopped counting since Kai and I started our sexual relationship, or whatever it was.
He still had a temper, still got annoyed at things. But every now and then he'd just be... loving?
During some of his temper outbursts he'd just look at me, then sigh and seem to calm almost instantaneously.

Whatever this was with him, it was making me feel things. Strong things towards him, and not just desire.
He made me feel warm, and happy. It was weird and new but I liked it.

He'd also lived up to his word and taken me every way he could. In the forest, on the porch, against the wall, on the grass, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in each room if the house, the car and even in the pool.

He was cooking dinner, I could smell it as I came back from a run. As I shifted back to my human form, I noticed my clothes had been folded in a pile on the porch.
I smiled, he'd started doing this a while back, not long after this relationship started.

I got changed and headed inside.

"Mmm something smells good!"
I laughed and headed into the kitchen.

Kai looked up from what he was doing. He smiled as he saw me enter.

"It's your favourite."
He smiled and started putting the food on plates.

"Shredded chicken Parmesan pasta? What a treat!"
I skipped giddily to my seat and sat down.

Kai put my plate in front of me, then kissed the side of my head as he walked past and sat beside me.

We smiled to one another before eagerly eating the food.

...

"You're still such a great cook!"
I giggled and rested my head on Kai's upper arm as he set the dishwasher off.

"I know"
He smirked and turned to face me.

Suddenly outside there was a great, white light shining in all the windows.

"What's happening?!"
I started to feel nervous, something was off.

Kai held me close to him.
"This is what happened when you arrived. A white light and an uneasy feeling. It means someone's here."

"Where?"
I asked and placed my hand into his, letting him siphon me.

"The light has a unique magic signal, I just need to focus on where the light's destination is."

He changed something in another language, while continually siphoning me.

He let go of my hand and smiled.

"Let's go give our neighbours in Mystic Falls a little greeting."