Chapter 4

I woke up on the ground, quite groggy but in the exact place I was before. Except now I was... alone?

I couldn't smell or hear anyone or anything. This wasn't normal. There should be sounds and smells, people living their lives. The smell of blood and carcasses and other animals. Something wasn't right.

I exited the forest the same way I came, only this time the clearing I had passed had a house in it.

Huh. That wasn't there before.

I thought to myself.
Must have been cloaked by witches.

I headed towards the house and opened the door. I could walk through the threshold.

Either the owner is dead, a vampire or something is really wrong with this world. I was going with dead, since I could smell dried blood inside this house.

"A new face? Now that is unexpected."
A male voice said from behind me. I swung around to be met with the face of a handsome man, standing on the porch and looking me up and down. He also looked somewhat confused.

"You must have done something pretty bad to get stuck in here with me. What did you do? Oh let me guess! You killed someone!"
He laughed enthusiastically and I just looked at him. He stood there expecting me to answer.
"Oh manners! I'm Kai. You are?"

"Sylvia"
I replied simply.

"Syllviaaa"
He sang slightly and moved closer.
"Pretty name. It rather rolls off the tongue doesn't it? Not like Malachai, now who gives a name like that to a child?"

I chuckled a little.
"Malachai, are you serious? THAT'S your name?"
I said in a mocking tone and his brows furrowed.
"Well I suppose you could have a worse name."

"You still didn't tell me how you ended up here
He smirked.

I smiled cheekily.
"You answered your own question. I killed someone."

He laughed.
"No no, I meant here. In my house."

"Your house? Interesting. Last time I came here the house didn't exist."
I smirked and crossed back across the threshold, getting closer to him.
"Or rather, it did exist and was cloaked by a Witch"

The cheeky demeanor of Kai suddenly faded.
"What do you know about witches?"

I sighed and folded my arms, resting back against the outside walls of the house.
"Only that they're annoying and preachy, but useful. Although they do tend to stick their noses into business that doesn't concern them. They die easily too."

He let out a small chuckle.
"Sounds like you're talking about my family."

I smiled.
"So, if you have to kill someone to get here then is that how you're here? If it is simply due to killing people I should have been thrown in here years ago."

Kai smiled.
"Well versed in killing, are we? Seems we have much in common to discuss."

"Oh? Now I'm curious"
I smiled and stopped leaning on the house.
"What atrocity did you commit to end up here?"

"I murdered and seriously injured most of my immediate family, cutting out my twin sister's spleen."

I nodded my head in approval.
"Impressive. But, what exactly is this place?"

"It is a prison world."
He answered plainly.
"My coven created it for my after I murdered members of my family"

"That's interesting. But I bet I can beat your story."

Kai smiled a gorgeous, mischievous little smile.
"Now this is a story I just have to hear. What sort of atrocity did the innocent little new girl commit to end up here?"

I laughed.
"Oh Kai, I'm far from innocent. Grow up with the family I had an innocent isn't even part of your vocabulary"

Kai seemed to be listening intently, interested as I continued speaking.
"My adopted father and I tracked my birth parents here. I found them, explained who I was, then enacted my revenge for them leaving me with an abusive woman for the first six years of my life."

He smiled and got closer, so he was almost touching me.
"Now, how does a cute little thing like you kill two adults?"

I laughed, harder than I meant to.
"Oh, did I only mention two? Sorry, I meant their entire immediate 'family' and a few witches before I got sent here."

Now he seemed really interested in me.
"Now how could you do that? I wonder..."

Before I could speak he grabbed my shoulders and a pain shot into me where he grabbed them.

I stepped back and stared daggers at him, letting the veins rise up in my face.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?"
I shouted angrily at him.

"Ooo, now that is intriguing. I simply siphoned you, to see if you were human. But it appears you're neither a witch, vampire nor wolf."
He got closer to me and I stood defensively.

"You intrigue me, Sylvia."

I slightly relaxed at his calming body language. But I made sure I didn't let him too close. The pretty ones are always the most dangerous, Rebekah had shown me that much.
"If you must know, I am a Hybrid."

"A Hybrid? Now that definitely IS intriguing. I've never heard of one."

"Well that's surprising. Becoming a Hybrid is all my adopted father has thought about since I grew up."

Kai did a sexy little side smile.
"You keep saying adopted father, but never mention his name"

"It is not your business to know, I don't trust a pretty face."

Kai put his hand over his heart and blatantly feigned happiness.
"Aw, you think I'm pretty? How adorable!"

I scoffed.
"Don't look too much into it, your ego is already high enough I'm surprised you can fit through the door."

Kai laughed.
"Mmm, I like you Sylvia. You should stick around."

I slightly smiled then tried to hide it.
"Sure, it's not like I have anywhere else to go."

He smiled and walked to his door.
"So, Sylvia, would you like to come in?"
He joked.

I rolled my eyes and walked into his house. As we walked further in I could see the splatters of blood across the walls.

"You know, I absolutely LOVE your sense of decoration. I must hire you to decorate my place."
I turned to look at him and smirked.

He laughed again.
"You're funny, I like funny. Seriousness is such a bore. Life's too short to be so touchy"

I laughed back.
"I agree. People with sticks up their backsides are such a bore."

I liked Kai. He was the first person I'd actually liked beyond the Mikaelsons. He seemed happy to see a face that didn't want to hurt him. I think, being stuck in this world alone with Kai would actually be rather fun.