Chapter 12

Sounds Like Hallelujah – The Head and the Heart

XO – Beyoncé

______________

Sometimes there comes a moment where all I can do is sit and think. But thinking becomes too overwhelming so I sit and wonder. There's not much of a difference aside from thinking requires much more logic than wondering.

I wonder where my life will be, I wonder if I'll be happy, I wonder if Zayn and I will be together, I wonder if this stupid emotion of being cheated on will ever fade, I wonder if I will be able to live a life where it doesn't feel like I'm in a soap opera.

I can't place an answer on any of them, I can't promise a future for all of these. But I can hope, hope is all I have these days it seems and that seems to be wavering.

Wondering, wondering is what I do while waiting for class to start. It's a smaller class than my others but still large in numbers. Last class of the day and my favorite, event planning course, it's my favorite for we learn about the basics of event planning, entrepreneurship and so on.

Though my favorite class has been destroyed by the presence of one person. One single person that seems to be shaking my fragile world to pieces.

I glare at him as he sits down one seat away from me. His eyes glued to the front of the classroom. I glance around at the other empty seats and my eyes come back to him.

"What are you doing in this class?" I demand, my voice full of loathing and agitation. He licks his lips, letting out a deep breath and shifting in the seat.

"I transferred in." He says calmly. I feel my body tense and my mind race into action.

"You didn't." I shake my head. "No, you can't be in this class."

"Well I am."

"You're not even interested in any field in event planning." I counter, hoping my eyes can drill holes through him at this moment.

"I didn't think you'd be in this class." He claims.

"You didn't... You didn't think I'd be in this class?" I laugh with utter disbelief. His light green eyes flash to me and back to the front.

"I can't believe you." I breathe, sitting in my seat and staring at the front of the classroom. That's how the rest of class was, staring directly at the front of the classroom.

Wondering, wondering why was I the one that had to be put through this, wondering why I was the one the world seemed to enjoy punishing and humiliating.

The moment class is dismissed I jump out of my seat and race out of the building. Calming myself as I rush towards the parking lot I feel my body tense when he catches up to me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize she was your friend."

"I find that hard to believe, Matthew." I glare over at him and see him sigh heavily.

"Julie-"

"Don't. What did I say about calling me that?" I demand, stopping in my tracks to fully glare at him.

"Sorry... Jules." He mumbles sheepishly. "I didn't realize she was your friend." He explains.

"You were out of line to say that in front of me." I say through my seeping anger and frustration.

"I know." He nods once. He knows? He does not.

"You were the one to come here. You were the one who decided to come to a school you know I attend. You were the one to cheat on me!" My voice is near hysterical and broken.